User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TRUE unlimited /uncapped internet

After reading about other people‘s (underwhelming) experiences with various mobile internet packages I took a chance on one called Bix Wireless and a MoFi4500 router I purchased separately.

With this set up I’m not limited to one device or just a handful of devices. We are also not capped at a 2 Mb or even 5Mb download speed cap, like some programs. Finally, we are also not limited to a certain amount of data per month like pretty much 99% of the packages out there.

I bought the Bix Wireless AT&T SIMcard for $84.95 a month.

I was pessimistic about their claims of no caps and no limits (at all) but since they have a money back guarantee I figured why not?

I put the sim in my router (this was $285) which does not have an external antenna. You can buy one, which is a standard directional YAGI but I haven’t yet because my speeds don’t really call for one.

I also did some rearranging in my media cabinet about a month ago and haven’t reconnected the Weboost, so that’s not being used either.

We currently have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, a Kindle, the Xbox and our smart TV connected to the router, all sharing the single AT&T line.
    We are sitting in an RV resort that isn’t near any large cities. We’re 45 minutes from Prescott, Arizona.

We regularly experience speeds around 10-20Mbps down and 15-20 upload speed.
    (See attached screenshot)

In the past 2 weeks (since April 30) I have downloaded 156 GIGabytes of data to the Xbox and we’ve streamed several hours every day of HD video on Netflix, Amazon, etc.
    So approximately 200 GIgabytes total in 12 days so we’ll likely hit 500 Gigabytes per month!

If I were to connect the Weboost and use an external antenna who knows what speeds I could achieve?

For now, an average of 12 down 17 up works just fine for me!

I am not an affiliate for MoFi or Bix.
    I just thought some of you would like to know how we get “truly” unlimited internet in our RV.

Ed Morris

- update: I just found a section in their FAQ that states a soft cap of 400 Gigs for the standard plan but they offer an extreme package with 800 gigs. You have to call for that price.

https://bixwireless.com/

http://mofinetwork.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=189
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	26465

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-12-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really decent throughput. I just hope for you that AT&T doesn't kill the program like they did with Togo. In another 5 months I'll have to search for a new solution since I'm not about to pay $$$ monthly to AT&T for capped speeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a truly unlimited/uncapped tablet plan through AT&T and without warning, it was shut off and they ended the program. I later learned that many people were signing up, then using the SIM card in a hot spot router to provide internet to all of their devices. Data usage went through the roof so people like me, lost a service because others were abusing it. Be careful of these third party resellers. Sooner or later, they all shut down.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I had a truly unlimited/uncapped tablet plan through AT&T and without warning, it was shut off and they ended the program. I later learned that many people were signing up, then using the SIM card in a hot spot router to provide internet to all of their devices. Data usage went through the roof so people like me, lost a service because others were abusing it. Be careful of these third party resellers. Sooner or later, they all shut down.
    Yea, that’s too bad. Thanks for the heads up.
    I’m glad I found out about the soft cap of 400 Gigabytes, but still that’s a huge amount of data and way more than most people would ever use. I emailed them about their extreme package with 800 Gigs of data.
    I’ll update the thread when I hear back from them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate when companies kill off good plans. I'm waiting for Verizon to take away my plan. I bought in to their prepaid Hotspot plan for $65/month. I have truly unlimited data and no throttling. I did have a problem with my first unit dropping internet intermittently but you can read about that in another thread. I'm glad I still have this plan but I'm waiting for the day when Verizon shuts it down for those of us who were able to get on the plan.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I hate when companies kill off good plans. I'm waiting for Verizon to take away my plan. I bought in to their prepaid Hotspot plan for $65/month. I have truly unlimited data and no throttling. I did have a problem with my first unit dropping internet intermittently but you can read about that in another thread. I'm glad I still have this plan but I'm waiting for the day when Verizon shuts it down for those of us who were able to get on the plan.
    Have you actually tested the unlimited part by downloading 400 or more gigs in a month?
    I ask, because I know most people would never even get close to hitting that mark.
    I only did because I downloaded a bunch of new games which were huge.

I'm now curious if all the people that say they have unlimited just haven't reached the limit yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    After reading about other people‘s (underwhelming) experiences with various mobile internet packages I took a chance on one called Bix Wireless and a MoFi4500 LTE router I purchased separately.

With this set up I’m not limited to one device or just a handful of devices. We are also not capped at a 2 Mb or even 5Mb download speed cap, like some programs. Finally, we are also not limited to a certain amount of data per month like pretty much 99% of the packages out there.

I bought the Bix Wireless AT&T SIMcard for $84.95 a month.

I was pessimistic about their claims of no caps and no limits (at all) but since they have a money back guarantee I figured why not?

I put the sim in my router (this was $285) which does not have an external antenna. You can buy one, which is a standard directional YAGI but I haven’t yet because my speeds don’t really call for one.

I also did some rearranging in my media cabinet about a month ago and haven’t reconnected the Weboost, so that’s not being used either.

We currently have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, a Kindle, the Xbox and our smart TV connected to the router, all sharing the single AT&T line. We are sitting in an RV resort that isn’t near any large cities. We’re 45 minutes from Prescott, Arizona.

We regularly experience speeds around 10-20Mbps down and 15-20 upload speed.
    (See attached screenshot)

In the past 2 weeks (since April 30) I have downloaded 156 GIGabytes of data to the Xbox and we’ve streamed several hours every day of HD video on Netflix, Amazon, etc.
    So approximately 200 GIgabytes total in 12 days so we’ll likely hit 500 Gigabytes per month!

If I were to connect the Weboost and use an external antenna who knows what speeds I could achieve?

For now, an average of 12 down 17 up works just fine for me!

I am not an affiliate for MoFi or Bix.
    I just thought some of you would like to know how we get “truly” unlimited internet in our RV.

Ed Morris

- update: I just found a section in their FAQ that states a soft cap of 400 Gigs for the standard plan but they offer an extreme package with 800 gigs. You have to call for that price.

https://bixwireless.com/

http://mofinetwork.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=189
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	26465

Just thought I'd post an update to this.

I sold our WeBoost last year to another member here (Hi Ken) because we're not traveling full-time anymore and our signal here is so amazing.

It's been nearly a year and a half and we're still loving this setup and the plan is still working (obviously) but we're now paying $99/mo. for the Bix plan.

We also switched from AT&T to T-Mobile which was about $40/mo. cheaper. Our speeds are still very good, plenty fast for our purposes. I guess we're grandfathered in because new customers I think are paying $130/mo. This is still a bargain for what you get, in my opinion, considering how stable it is. I can only recall two instances of the internet "going down" in that time, and only for a few hours.

Right now, we're at a campground that is filled to capacity, it is a Sunday afternoon and we're streaming the Dolphins game on TV and have two laptops surfing the web at the same time because we both have the attention span of a puppy.

Here's a screenshot of our current speeds and this is average for the middle of the day on a weekend.
    (These numbers are 2 to 3 times higher on a weeknight around 10pm)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-10-10 12_02_22-Speedtest.png  
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-10-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

update to my update

I just wanted to add that we can still download almost 400 GIGs a month!
    Almost no one lets you do that.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 10-12-2021 at 04:28 PM. Reason: forum rules that don't allow editing are stupid

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Verizon Grand Fathered unlimited plan and has worked great over the last couple of years.

I also switched our phones from Version to AT&T with 40 gig hotpot and unlimited on phone data usage. I have found I can hook my iPhone up to HDMI cable and stream TV without using any of the 40 gig hot data.

Two month ago I signed up for the FMCA Sprint Connection (soon will will be T-Mobile) for 49.99 a month and I can pause it for 14.99 per month when not using. It is suppose to be unlimited so I put to the test and you can see I used over 1700 Gigs and at my location and I'm getting over 200 on speed test. To compare to Verizon I get under 7 on speed test and on AT&T I get around 160 on speed test. I know it's location location location but this is from my sticks and brick home so it is important to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MIFI 1700 gigs.jpg   sprint.jpeg  
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    double post Mods Please Delete
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch