User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Hey keep us posted on the Morryde pinbox ... Thanks ... later Frank
    Will do! The rubber pad on my Rotoflex pinbox was starting to shift so GD is covering it under warranty even though mine's 18 months old. I'm paying the small difference to have the MorRyde box installed like comes on the 2020 models. Anxious to try it. GD customer service has been amazing for me so far.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 344GK also.

The most disastrous problem we have had is having the drawers to the right of the desk open up as you are traveling. When that happens, you can not see them with the slide closed, so when the slide opens, it catches the drawers tearing the front off of the slide and destroying the drawers. Evidence showed that it had happened to the dealer before I bought it, and then it happened to me and I did a lot more damage. I now have a fix that makes it impossible for the drawers to open.

We also discovered that you need to remove the glass turntable from the microwave before traveling. If you don't, it will knock the microwave door open, fall onto the stove, and shatter.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fridge went out after a few months, got the run around for another 3 months and put in a residential fridge with ice maker. It was not cheap but worth every penny. Will never own another rv without a residential fridge.
    2019 Grand Design 312BHTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightclimber View Post
    Double check that the flap in the fridge door is closing all the way. It will look closed but even a small gap will mess up temp. I had to add washers at the bottoms of the doors so the flap would stop catching. I also removed the sticker the flap was catching on. I waxed all the door latches and the slot where the flap goes at the top of the door frame. Since I did those things the fridge seems to be holding a decent temp. Outside temps haven’t been that warm yet so not sure how well things will go when it gets hot out.
    We discovered the "flap" issue with our NorCold early on with our Solitude. Here are some things we do...

Common practice #1: We always close the left door first and verify the flap is closed, then close the right door.

Common practice #2: We always use our fingers to ensure that the latches are "returned" and then try the door to verify it latched.

Common practice #3: Closing one freezer door more often than not causes the other freezer door to pop open. Verification that both are latched is normal here.

I have taken the latches apart more than once and can verify that the spring for the latch is way to wimpy! The plastic handle has no lubrication and is sometimes hard to move back to the closed "latched" position (read that very poorly designed).

Now, after reading your post about the flap I will look into shimming the flap so it works on its own after we get home. Thanks for the info...!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 344 GK improvement opportunities.

I, too, am on my first outing with my 2020 344GK. Although the satellite hole was under the rubber, under the metal plate, I could not get the wire to go down to the basement. I was running a cellular antenna, not a satellite, so I ended up running it to the right side and thru the bedroom ceiling. A brown plate won't make it too different looking than the factory plates...just in the wrong place.

The satellite wiring from the water connection cabinet apparently does NOT connect to the satellite plate next to the Jensen stereo. I am using a Dish Playmate so I ran a coaxial cable up through the outer, underneath edge of the big slide and up through the wiring chase to the stereo cabinet. BTW, the hole at the top of the chase did not line up with the hole in the bottom of the stereo cabinet, which changes a 5 minute job to a1 hr and 30 min job!

Because the plate for the non-existent basement wire chase was right behind the a/c unit, I had to fabricate an elevated base for the cellular antennae...cheesy but effective.

The fridge doors don't latch securely which means that extra care is required when loading the food....and I use gorilla tape to hold it shut enroute.

The trim around the windows is pretty, but was put together with brad's and no glue. A dab of glue on all the wood trim would have been a big quality improvement.

It would also have been a great idea to insert fishing twine in every wire chase.

The T20 torx screws that hold the TV on the frame in the disappearing TV slide were all butchered. I can drill out the right hand machine screws, but I don't have enough room on the left. Also...was it really necessary to use two brands of TV's in the RV
    ..and to use dumb ones at that? I can't believe that I had to buy a Roku stick for a 2020 49 inch TV!

The threaded screw that lifts the tv ends up with a significant bow in it to get the TV all the way up. When the TV is up, I can hardly squeeze my fingers in to lower the TV. It would have been so easy to install the switch to the left hand side rather the center of the cabinet.

The flooring is essentially old time linoleum sheeting...I thought it was a laminate or a Vinyl "Locking strip" flooring until a glass dropped on it and cut the flooring!

The unit is comfortable, and tows well. The single battery that came with it is not enough to last for 10 hours running the refrigerator (and there is very little electrical power required when it is on propane!)

My wife loves it (and after, we all know that is the most important thing). I did use Aero 303 protectent on it. I liked how it went on. Hope it works well.

There are actually 2 (two) 10 amp fuses in the front storage compartment. A fuse blew on the leveling system and the manual suggested checking the I0 amp fuse in the front compartment. I found one, but it didn't appear to be attached to the hydraulic pump system. A couple of hours later I found one under a cover behind the battery. Sure would have been nice for GD to have a photo or diagram showing the location.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered that the torx screws on the TV lift are not standard. I had to special order some bits to use on them. My TV was adjusted so that the switch was easy to get to, but that meant that the sensor for the remote was inside the cabinet and the only way to use the remote was from a standing position. I fixed that by raising the TV, but I now have very little clearance to access the switch.

I think everyone has problems with loose trim and the brads that supposedly hold it on.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if GD has anyone reading this forum and taking away improvement opportunities?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtivy53 View Post
    I wonder if GD has anyone reading this forum and taking away improvement opportunities?
    They used to monitor this forum but no longer do.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtivy53 View Post
    Also...was it really necessary to use two brands of TV's in the RV
    ..and to use dumb ones at that? I can't believe that I had to buy a Roku stick for a 2020 49 inch TV!
    Looked at two 310GK-R and a 344GK-R past two weeks - TCLs in main viewing areas (aren't they all native Roku - we have two at home that are)? Logix in the bedrooms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Looked at two 310GK-R and a 344GK-R past two weeks - TCLs in main viewing areas (aren't they all native Roku - we have two at home that are)? Logix in the bedrooms.
    We have Roku for our home and it works off wireless internet. I guess I'm wondering how well it works for those of you who use it on the road? Do you use the campground internet services? If not, what service and/or medium are you using that allows you to stream for TV?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast