User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    We have Roku for our home and it works off wireless internet. I guess I'm wondering how well it works for those of you who use it on the road? Do you use the campground internet services? If not, what service and/or medium are you using that allows you to stream for TV?
    Of course, one's streaming experience is all about your internet speed. I've never been to an RV park that had campground wireless speeds fast enough to stream anything. Usually barely enough to check email. If you have close proximately to cell towers, there are a variety of cellular solutions that can provide more than enough speed for streaming. Many threads on that subject. I have a cellular mobile router with a roof mounted antenna and have had very good wireless performance so far. But, it's all about the cell signal strength. If you don't have a cell signal, you have no wireless.

Lots of threads here on the subject of internet access while on the road...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are improving a few things. I put a WIFI repeater on the roof of my 2021 385GK. When I pulled the plate off on the roof, I noticed a purple 18 gauge wire sticking out. Found the other end in the front storage compartment that was marked Sat Access. The chase in my trailer is actually pretty large. Just uses the wall between the bathroom and bedroom. Probably 2' wide by whatever thickness the walls are inside. Also got ready to run my solar wires down the chase and found out that there was already an MC4 connector on the roof. Made the solar install go way faster.

We almost went for the residential fridge option as well since we had lots of issues with our previous Dometic 4 door RV fridge in the last trailer getting way too warm all the time. The Norcold in this unit is gets so cold I actually had to turn it down cause it was freezing all of my beers solid. The freezer was also getting down to -4 according to the thermometer we put in it.
    2019 Ram 3500 Dually Limited
    2018 F-350 Platinum - SOLD
    2021 Solitude 385GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123