User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at GD 260rd for first rv purch

I am seriously looking to purchase 260rd but have a few ?s. 1) Is my Chevy 2019 HD 6.0 gasser w/2750 payload, 78" box sufficient? 2) will this work for 3 small kids-looking to stay less than 30' net but bunks replace couch at this size and want a couch? 3) What does GD sacrifice to keep the weight down? 4)How would this rv compare in quality to other makes like Fox Mountain or Outdoor Mfg?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! , GD uses lighter weight components in the 150 series and I'm sure there are other differences others will be aware of. It's a great floorplan for one or 2 but honestly , with 3 kids you will be tripping over each other and will suitcases go in an accessable area . Also remember those kids will be growing quickly. You will realize how quick once you get a trailer not really set up for that many. All manufacturers will tell you you can sleep more than what is comfortable.

If you can go a bit longer with even a small bunk area in the end the whole family would be happier.

This link will help you determine and understand your trucks capacity
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ing-Capability

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a ton for the advice! The issue is that its a hard 30' or less due to parking and wish to stay well under truck capability. Only other option is TT but then it Its only a 24 or 25 TT due to tongue making it smaller even if a buy a 2400bh in GD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question sir, what do the fridges operate on? If they are electric do you have to pack coolers and load when u can plug in? Thanks!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    One more question sir, what do the fridges operate on? If they are electric do you have to pack coolers and load when u can plug in? Thanks!
    I have a 260 and your truck should do fine.

The fridge runs on propane and/or 110 volt electric.

The rear dinette makes a pretty nice sized bed, depending on just how small your kids are. The "sofa" in the slide is actually theater seating recliners. I wouldn't want to put bunks in there due to adding weight to the slide and the nice big window.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, I would say based on the build quality I have seen from Forrest River and Grand Design, Grand Design is the better purchase. I have my FR TT for the past 6 years and the quality is not bad, it just using some substandard construction techniques. Everything i have seen about GD they build a good coach. I do not think you can go wrong, but remember, any RV, no matter the manufacture will have some issues to deal with.