User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    thompsjk
    Any updates on getting it fixed and what was the root cause?

agoutdoors
    No news yet. I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow to see if any parts have arrived.

agoutdoors
    Just an update. We still don't' have our RV yet. Here's a run down of who has had it longer... Signed paperwork on 10-31. Dealer had it for 26 days - delivered it without completing all the PDI items. We had it 43 days waiting to take it back to finish PDI items. They have now had it another 15 days and we are still waiting...so in summary in our possession 43 days, in dealer possession 44 days. Not a happy camper...oh wait, I can't camp I don't have an RV.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we could talk Chris into generating a sticky that would allow us to name dealerships, and post information about their sales/financing/service support. It could be both good and bad.

For example:

Lazy Days - Tucson AZ
    Sales - A
    Financing - A
    Service - D- (the only reason it's not an "F" is because they fired the inept service manager I was dealing with.

I sure hope your dealer gets their act together and gets you on the road soon. You might want to call Jerry McCarthy at GD to see if he can help light a fire under the dealer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea. I like your suggestion of breaking it down as well. Grade each level from the dealer.

agoutdoors
    We are at almost a month since this happened and we still don't have our 385TH back. Turns out parts were ordered but no one bothered to follow up to make sure they were actually shipped (dealer or GD). So after my relenting inquiries, someone finally figured out one of the parts that was ordered from a 3rd party was deleted by the 3rd party as they decided "it was not damaged so it was not needed" - I had to convince GD that we can't be sure that it was not damaged and they have now ordered it directly..so we continue to wait for parts to get the repairs done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...did you actual ever get to camp once in the unit? This seems ridiculous that you make payments on a unit you hadn't used. If I was Grand Design, I would think they would just take this unit back and get you a new one.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering too if this unit was built on Friday Afternoon or Monday morning?
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Wow...did you actual ever get to camp once in the unit? This seems ridiculous that you make payments on a unit you hadn't used. If I was Grand Design, I would think they would just take this unit back and get you a new one.
    No GD350M, we did not have the chance to take it out yet. It was at the dealer for 26 days before we were able to take delivery, yet it still needed more warranty work done. We had it 43 days waiting to take it back in and started to "move in" all our stuff from our Jayco that was traded in. It has been broken since January 9th...so they have had far more days at the dealership than we have had it at home. I am a little worried about what else we will find once we actually get to try it out a time or two...

agoutdoors
    You are all probably tired of hearing from me on this issue however I still don't have my 385TH back nor is it fixed at all. After the screw up with the parts (blame GD, Lippert Componennts and dealer), the dealer has had the parts for over a week that would put me back on the road but the rig is still sitting in the same place that it has been for over a month. The parts are still piled up outside in the same place as when they were delivered. GD my have better than average customer service, but when it comes time for the dealers they do business with, they are seriously lacking any kind of accountability - close the eyes and hope things get done - seems to be the mantra of it all. I am about to lose it with the dealer and even considering sitting outside the parking lot with a sign warning potential buyers of the crappy service they give or don't give. For those that want to know, the dealer is Paul Evert's in Mount Vernon - but is part of the Northwest region.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast