Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cold Windows

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold Windows

Since this subject appears in several discussions I am posting this solution in the General Discussion. I have not tried this myself but am certainly going to. This is from the March issue of Trailer Life.
    Bubble-Wrap Window Insulation

An excellent insulator for RV windows is bubble wrap. Stick it to the inside of windows, and it will keep the cold out. (I don’t know about keeping out the heat, as I have not tried it in a hot climate yet.) Get some clear ¼-inch bubble wrap in the biggest size you can find to fit the windows so you don’t have too many seams. Using a spray bottle filled with water, cover the window you are going to insulate and apply the bubble wrap. Put the bubble side against the window and flatten out with your hand. That’s it! You can measure the window first and cut the bubble wrap, or apply it to the window and then cut it with a razor knife. This works great, and light still comes in during the day. If you’re thinking of dual-pane windows for your next rig, try this first and then decide. To remove the bubble wrap, just pull it off.
    Tim Bob, Amsterdam, New York.

My next rig will definitely have dual pane windows but for now I'll try this.
    Frank & Linda
    2015 303 #2048, 2015 F-350 FX4 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point. Bubble wrap with the foil does the job in the cold and heat. I used it in my old trailer (waiting delivery of the new) in the bunk and bedroom windows year round and in most when stored. On my list for the new trailer, approx two weeks to go.
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg