User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

311 bhs bunk room doorway size (can it fit a washer or dryer?)

Does someone have a Reflection 311 bhs that can let me know the width of the door frame leading to the bunk room?

I want to see if I could get a washer and dryer through the door frame. I believe I might refit the dresser using the same grey tank and water source for the exterior kitchen.

Also, if someone has put a washer and dryer in a 311 bhs, how did that work out and where did you place them?
    PJ England
    USAF 1SCS and Undergraduate Space Training Squadron
    Preparing for road living

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengland01 View Post
    Does someone have a Reflection 311 bhs that can let me know the width of the door frame leading to the bunk room?

I want to see if I could get a washer and dryer through the door frame. I believe I might refit the dresser using the same grey tank and water source for the exterior kitchen.

Also, if someone has put a washer and dryer in a 311 bhs, how did that work out and where did you place them?
    Opening is ~21.5"
    Fyi, exterior kitchen drains to 2nd black tank for rear bathroom. (At least on my 2020.5, that seems to be where the water goes).

We went w/ a compact portable washer / spin unit. Gets the clothes clean when kids get dirty, but not a full time solution, just for 1 to 2 week trips. Requires manually filling w/ water, but might get clothes cleaner than my house washing machine. After the spin, a little time on a clothes line and they are dry. I'm used to this style from spending a lot of time in Japan where dryers outside of laundry mats are rare.
    Gus & Em
    2020.5 311BHS *Now w/ Disc Brakes from Stopyourtrailer.com
    2013 F250 6.7L Long Bed (200k+ and strong) w/ 5k airbag system

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model washer unit did you buy? would you recommend it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're just launching full-time in a 311BHS, and thinking we might replace our outside fridge with a washer. Something heavy that we don't need, replaced with something we would use. And seems like it'd be convenient for hanging laundry to dry.
    Ross & Ruby
    2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Laramie SRW 6.7 Diesel Factory Airbags
    2020 311BHS 1.3 kW of solar, Victron brains, Safari batts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossF83 View Post
    We're just launching full-time in a 311BHS, and thinking we might replace our outside fridge with a washer. Something heavy that we don't need, replaced with something we would use. And seems like it'd be convenient for hanging laundry to dry.
    Definitely doable. My wife's cousin just did this in their TT. They are full time and wanted a washer, the outdoor kitchen was the only option, they run the drain hose into the sink and put the dryer vent out the back of the camper. They did have to add supports to the shelf it sits on, but it's been working for them.

Obviously you'd want to measure first and make sure the space is there, not sure how big the outside kitchen is for the 311.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    What model washer unit did you buy? would you recommend it?
    If you are asking which model I bought as the portable one, I went for the Kuppet:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    When at a campsite for the week, I keep it outsider under the pin box area. W/ 3 kids, we are needing to do some laundry every 2~3 days.
    It cleans great, but it isn't for everyone. You must fill the wash cycle and the rinse cycle. The spin unit only holds 1/2 to 1/3 what the washer holds.
    For a load, I typically set it up near the waste drain of the campsite for easy disposal.
    I always run a splitter at the fresh water so I can run the higher pressure water as the fill water (just spray in w/ hose). Filling it off of the 40 psi sprayer takes a lot longer.
    If I was full timing, I'd go for the built in. For us, the price point was right vs how often we need to use it. Also in the times of Covid, helps keep us self contained.
    Gus & Em
    2020.5 311BHS *Now w/ Disc Brakes from Stopyourtrailer.com
    2013 F250 6.7L Long Bed (200k+ and strong) w/ 5k airbag system

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KYCampers View Post
    If you are asking which model I bought as the portable one, I went for the Kuppet:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    When at a campsite for the week, I keep it outsider under the pin box area. W/ 3 kids, we are needing to do some laundry every 2~3 days.
    It cleans great, but it isn't for everyone. You must fill the wash cycle and the rinse cycle. The spin unit only holds 1/2 to 1/3 what the washer holds.
    For a load, I typically set it up near the waste drain of the campsite for easy disposal.
    I always run a splitter at the fresh water so I can run the higher pressure water as the fill water (just spray in w/ hose). Filling it off of the 40 psi sprayer takes a lot longer.
    If I was full timing, I'd go for the built in. For us, the price point was right vs how often we need to use it. Also in the times of Covid, helps keep us self contained.
    Great Thanks! exactly what is was looking for.