User Tag List

Thread: Rohde Island

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rohde Island

I made a reservation at Fisherman's Memorial 11 months ago and I was wondering if it would be possible to make it next month. I just checked and it appears all the RI state park Covid warnings have been taken down and campgrounds are open.
    Seeing the ConnecticutRt95 rest stops are available, now it should be doable. After my bi-annual round of doctors visits, I'm getting ready for my first trip since shelter in place began.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I made a reservation at Fisherman's Memorial 11 months ago and I was wondering if it would be possible to make it next month. I just checked and it appears all the RI state park Covid warnings have been taken down and campgrounds are open.
    Seeing the ConnecticutRt95 rest stops are available, now it should be doable. After my bi-annual round of doctors visits, I'm getting ready for my first trip since shelter in place began.
    Sounds like a fun trip! Absolutely beautiful area up there! I was around that area in 2017 and 2018 for a couple weeks each time (unfortunately in a hotel each time). I would love to take my TT and stay up there again.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have jumped the gun on my expectations. I got a notice this afternoon the campground won't open until June 15th, my reservation was to start the 14th. Bummer I loose a day and Sunday as my travel day. I usually try to avoid Mondays and Fridays as heavy travel days but with the "new normal" I'll just have to tough it it out and see what happens.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s RHODE Island ��

Here’s some info on reopening our state
    https://www.reopeningri.com/

Stay safe- hope things will be back open soon!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After yesterday's ( 5/22 )announcement by the governor of RI I may be in the clear not only for my trip but being quarantined in place once I get there. I understand things are in flux and I have no problem participating in safe interaction. I just want to breath some salt air, go fishing and eat lobster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Lobster! I recommend making the drive to this place if you haven't already been there; https://www.abbottslobster.com/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Rhode Island if off the schedule. I got notice today that the park and campground will now tentatively open June 29. I was really starting to get excited about it too. They were very good about getting the message out as I received a phone call, an email notice and a receipt showing credit for my payment all in about 2 hours. I understand why it was done as I have been watching the virus effects there and they are still showing a strong contagion spread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Well Rhode Island if off the schedule. I got notice today that the park and campground will now tentatively open June 29. I was really starting to get excited about it too. They were very good about getting the message out as I received a phone call, an email notice and a receipt showing credit for my payment all in about 2 hours. I understand why it was done as I have been watching the virus effects there and they are still showing a strong contagion spread.
    That sucks but at least you got your money back.