Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thoughts while on hold

On July 5, 2019 I reserved what I think was the last available campsite at Topsail State park in Florida. Not the best site, but we were planning a beach visit so no worries we just need a place to park the camper and sleep near the beach. We were to arrive on Monday, May 25 and depart on the 29th. Well my wife works for a dentist and they are finally starting to reschedule people and long story short we really need to skip the beach visit. Received an email saying we can cancel without penalty so I call Reserve America. So far I've been on hold for 1 hour and 50 minutes. Did talk to one nice customer service lady that said she couldn't cancel my reservation so she gave me the "direct line" and said she would transfer me. This was after 1 hour, but the direct number she gave me was the same that I called earlier.

Plan B head to Colorado and boondock for a week in July. Received a email asking visitors to skip coming to Colorado this summer. Good news is that we can post a virtual trip to Colorado. Show ourselves kayaking down our stairs while imagining actual kayaking in Colorado.

I'm still holding out hope to head to Colorado, but will wait and see. Just posting this to rant a little bit and laugh about being on hold for two plus hours. I just heard that I'm 4 callers away from talking to someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe an email would work better? At least that way you have proof you tried to contact them. Of course, talking to an actual person is preferred along with a confirmation email. I hate waiting on the phone!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now 3 callers away from a real person and it's been 2 hours and 10 minutes. The message came from a nonreturnable email address. I could cancel online, but i would be charged a transaction fee of roughly $20 . I just want to make sure I get the reservation cancelled and I hate fees. I have gotten a lot of work done just listening to really decent hold music.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOShorthair View Post
    On July 5, 2019 I reserved what I think was the last available campsite at Topsail State park in Florida. Not the best site, but we were planning a beach visit so no worries we just need a place to park the camper and sleep near the beach. We were to arrive on Monday, May 25 and depart on the 29th. Well my wife works for a dentist and they are finally starting to reschedule people and long story short we really need to skip the beach visit. Received an email saying we can cancel without penalty so I call Reserve America. So far I've been on hold for 1 hour and 50 minutes. Did talk to one nice customer service lady that said she couldn't cancel my reservation so she gave me the "direct line" and said she would transfer me. This was after 1 hour, but the direct number she gave me was the same that I called earlier.

Plan B head to Colorado and boondock for a week in July. Received a email asking visitors to skip coming to Colorado this summer. Good news is that we can post a virtual trip to Colorado. Show ourselves kayaking down our stairs while imagining actual kayaking in Colorado.

I'm still holding out hope to head to Colorado, but will wait and see. Just posting this to rant a little bit and laugh about being on hold for two plus hours. I just heard that I'm 4 callers away from talking to someone.
    I don't think they want you in Colorado. Not that you aren't a fine upstanding person, it's that they don't want outside persons coming and infecting them. I used to Live in Crested Butte which is at the end of a long canyon with main access from Gunnison. I still have friends there. The whole area pretty much thrives on tourism due mostly to the ski area. When this started they had no hesitation shutting everything down right at the height of the season even before the state and keeping outsiders from venturing in.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I said I will wait and see. If they give the okay we will head to Colorado, if not we will stay in Missouri. Brother just moved to Ft. Collins and we would love to visit, but may not happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are here in Colorado (Mancos)...all is good!!!