User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert to Bidet Toilet

I’ve been wanting to put a bidet in the camper since we had a problem with too much toilet paper clogging the black valve. We actually installed a nice one with all the features in our home. The one I got for the camper has is pretty basic and has no adjustment for where the spray hits. This is the one I bought from Amazon. They are regularly in and out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered the following plumbing accessories from Lowes:

1/4-in to 1-in Pex Cutter Pipe Cutter
    Item #: 1030984|Model #: U701

1/2-in Push-to-Connect x 1/2-in Push-to-Connect x 1/2-in dia Expansion Tank Tee Push Fitting (sharkbite)
    Item #: 1215970|Model #: U3482LFA

Brass 1/2-in FNPT Ball Valve
    Item #: 867989| Model #: M8912

3/8-in Compression x MIP Adapter Coupling Fitting
    Item #: 877149| Model #: CP-124NLB

1/2-in Threaded Male Adapter Nipple Fitting
    Item #: 877227| Model #: BN-835NLB

Plastic Seat Post Mounting Kit For Universal (longer toilet seat screws)
    Item #: 24341| Model #: K23539

The plumbing setup that I got works well but if I did it again I now see there is a Sharkbite tee fitting with a built in shut off valve. It has a 1/4” compression fitting. I needed 3/8” for the faucet hose that came with it. I think you could get a 1/4” to 3/8” compression adapter to make it work.

To operate properly the washing spray needs to be right on target. The problem is the porcelain bowl has a big bump in the back. The bidet can not be positioned correctly because of the bump. I figured that if the seat screws were centered on the mounting slots the sprayer would be in the correct position. I made a template where the rear bump was in relation to the mounting holes. After I took the bidet apart I saw that there are three tubes coming from the controls to the sprayers. One tube was going to be in the way. I had to re-routed two of the tubes so that it would clear the cut I was going to make.

I used my dremmel to cut the back of the bidet to match my template. Now the seat screws go right through the center of the mounting slots.

The bidet comes with self stick seat spacers. You attach them under the seat so that it does not flex when you sit down.

Cutting the pex tube and installing the sharkbite tee was easy. The length of the cold water line is not critical as it can be pulled up or down. I drew a line on the tube where it passed through the floor so I could position the tee in the center.

My wife was a good sport and tested out. She said it was perfect so I think it was worth the extra work to cut it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142425.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	26487 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142414.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	26488 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142506.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	26489 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142405.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	26490
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    I’ve been wanting to put a bidet in the camper since we had a problem with too much toilet paper clogging the black valve. We actually installed a nice one with all the features in our home. The one I got for the camper has is pretty basic and has no adjustment for where the spray hits. This is the one I bought from Amazon. They are regularly in and out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered the following plumbing accessories from Lowes:

1/4-in to 1-in Pex Cutter Pipe Cutter
    Item #: 1030984|Model #: U701

1/2-in Push-to-Connect x 1/2-in Push-to-Connect x 1/2-in dia Expansion Tank Tee Push Fitting (sharkbite)
    Item #: 1215970|Model #: U3482LFA

Brass 1/2-in FNPT Ball Valve
    Item #: 867989| Model #: M8912

3/8-in Compression x MIP Adapter Coupling Fitting
    Item #: 877149| Model #: CP-124NLB

1/2-in Threaded Male Adapter Nipple Fitting
    Item #: 877227| Model #: BN-835NLB

Plastic Seat Post Mounting Kit For Universal (longer toilet seat screws)
    Item #: 24341| Model #: K23539

The plumbing setup that I got works well but if I did it again I now see there is a Sharkbite tee fitting with a built in shut off valve. It has a 1/4” compression fitting. I needed 3/8” for the faucet hose that came with it. I think you could get a 1/4” to 3/8” compression adapter to make it work.

To operate properly the washing spray needs to be right on target. The problem is the porcelain bowl has a big bump in the back. The bidet can not be positioned correctly because of the bump. I figured that if the seat screws were centered on the mounting slots the sprayer would be in the correct position. I made a template where the rear bump was in relation to the mounting holes. After I took the bidet apart I saw that there are three tubes coming from the controls to the sprayers. One tube was going to be in the way. I had to re-routed two of the tubes so that it would clear the cut I was going to make.

I used my dremmel to cut the back of the bidet to match my template. Now the seat screws go right through the center of the mounting slots.

The bidet comes with self stick seat spacers. You attach them under the seat so that it does not flex when you sit down.

Cutting the pex tube and installing the sharkbite tee was easy. The length of the cold water line is not critical as it can be pulled up or down. I drew a line on the tube where it passed through the floor so I could position the tee in the center.

My wife was a good sport and tested out. She said it was perfect so I think it was worth the extra work to cut it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142425.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	26487 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142414.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	26488 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142506.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	26489 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_142405.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	26490
    We decided that we want to try using a bidet. Do you still recommend this one?

Thanks,

Barb
    Lloyd_TX

2023 Solitude 310GK - 2023 RAM 3500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_TX View Post
    We decided that we want to try using a bidet. Do you still recommend this one?

Thanks,

Barb
    Barb,

I used this one in my 23LDE. No trimming or seat spacers required. We’ve made a couple of short trip so far and have no complaints. I like it better than one of the ones we have at home.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Bill
    Last edited by Dlambert; 10-11-2023 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Link missing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a portable bidet from Home Depot ($50). It is a hose that we use to clean our self and blot dry with TP which is then put into a closeable trash can. Was not to hard to install.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question from someone who has never used one of these. So do you preset the position you want to clean before turning on? Being male I would not want the "front" cleaned but would be using to clean the backside. So how does this work. (Sorry for the sensitive question)
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball