User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

349m kitchen slide tips out on corners

Has anyone had the slide tip out while going around corners?
    I was transitioning from one freeway to another on a sweeping right turn, and I look at my mirror and the kitchen slide has rocked out about 8-12 inches at the top, the bottom stayed in, just the top came out, it went back after I straightened out. Was I just going too fast on the corner? This is my first 5th wheel with slides, if I go in the trailer I can tip the top of the slide by pushing on it. It seems like just the weight of the slide keeps it from tipping, or is there something else to look at? It pulls up tight against the trailer while in.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe349M View Post
    Has anyone had the slide tip out while going around corners?
    I was transitioning from one freeway to another on a sweeping right turn, and I look at my mirror and the kitchen slide has rocked out about 8-12 inches at the top, the bottom stayed in, just the top came out, it went back after I straightened out. Was I just going too fast on the corner? This is my first 5th wheel with slides, if I go in the trailer I can tip the top of the slide by pushing on it. It seems like just the weight of the slide keeps it from tipping, or is there something else to look at? It pulls up tight against the trailer while in.
    There was a post on Grand Design RV Owners facebook group last month 4-29 on a Solitude's slide top doing that during a turn.
    Sounded like a few other people had seen that on a couple more models
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My previous unit had a manual slide and had locking bars similar to these https://www.rvautoparts.com/SL-1323-...iABEgLA9PD_BwE

You will need to measure the inside dimension (slide trim to wall) when the slide is inside to be able to get the correct ones.

Hope this helps

On edit - Manufacturer information https://www.atcomp.com/product/sl-1323-1c/
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-15-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar