User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunk Mattress, 2400BH

I just noticed on our 2400BH. The top bunk mattress is thicker than the bottom. I guess that makes sense as the bottom needs to fold away to utilize the storage under the bottom bunk. Not a complaint, but good to know, especially if you want an adult sized person to sleep on the bottom, they might want some extra padding or you can swap mattresses if you won't be folding up for storage.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going thru the same dilema. Thinking about getting a foam mattress topper and cutting it to shape.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any luck on this topic? My kids are getting bigger and the thinner mattress is just meh. Is getting foam and just cutting it really the only option?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybob View Post
    Any luck on this topic? My kids are getting bigger and the thinner mattress is just meh. Is getting foam and just cutting it really the only option?
    I built custom bunk beds to replace the fold-down bunk and sleeper love seat in the mid-bunk room of our 378. I ordered two Nectar Classic memory foam twin size mattresses (8" H) with zip-off covers from Mattress Warehouse and cut them down to size using an electric carving knife. Our kids like these mattresses much better than the ones in our sticks and bricks. At the time (~2 years ago), the Nectars were on sale and this was a much, much less expensive option than having custom mattresses made by Mattress Insider or similar.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Thanks. That is what I am leaning towards…buy and cut to shape.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxzzz 3 Inch Mattress Topper Full - Gel & Copper Infused Memory Foa.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	46142
    I bought this 3" foam topper from Amazon and put it under the existing mattress pad after having trimmed it. It no longer looks to be available for order and yes it makes it more difficult to lift up that bunk but it's worth the comfort for my daughter.
    Last edited by dmurdockrv; 05-03-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH w/ ProPride 3P hitch 1000 lb WD
    2021 RAM 1500 4x4 BigHorn w/ 3.92 rear axle gear ratio

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the hinges under the mattress. I found on my 2400BH that they were humped up a little because the hinge could not lay flush with the boards so I took the hinges off and used a router to create a slight recess for the hinge point so the hinges could lay flat and then reinstalled them.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH w/ ProPride 3P hitch 1000 lb WD
    2021 RAM 1500 4x4 BigHorn w/ 3.92 rear axle gear ratio

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurdockrv View Post
    Check the hinges under the mattress. I found on my 2400BH that they were humped up a little because the hinge could not lay flush with the boards so I took the hinges off and used a router to create a slight recess for the hinge point so the hinges could lay flat and then reinstalled them.
    Thanks...didn't even think to look at the hinges under the mattress. Will have to give that a look too.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2020 RAm 1500 Laramie | 6'4" Bed | 5.7 w/eTorque | 3.92 Axle | Mopar Lift | Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Equalizer Hitch