User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to run control panel wire for Surge Guard Display Monitor?

Anyone out there with a 315RLTS who's installed any kind of hard-wired total electrical protection with some advice on where to put the control panel? I just bought the Surge Guard 50AMP Hard Wired Total Protection https://www.technorv.com/50a-surge-g...tection-35550/ along with the Surge Guard Display Monitor https://www.technorv.com/surge-guard...dwired-models/ and I'm curious where to put the monitor and how to run that wire? I'd LOVE to put it near/next to my existing control panel for the RV, but running a wire there seems daunting. Any advice?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi exedra,
    Welcome to the forum. You're first post here got 'moderated' but I just approved it. As a new member your posts with links will be 'moderated' meaning one of us moderators will need to approve it. It is one way we try to prevent spammers and advertisers. It should just be your posts with links that get moderated, but if something looks wrong to you, just press the black triangle with the exclamation point in it to alert the moderators that you need some assistance.

And now on to the meat of your post ----- I ran my remote monitor from the basement area up to behind the main control panel and then installed it inside the cabinet there. You will have to get behind the basement wall and then run a fish tape or fiberglass fish rod up to behind the panel. I usually fish a few strings and then pull whatever wires I need always leaving at least one pull string for my next mod. It isn't an easy fish, but with some patience you can get through one of the holes where GD ran the other wires.

let us know how things work out.

P.S. I just found a photo I have of where I put mine....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7554.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	26519
    Sorry about that sideways photo - that's something else about our software, it rotates vertical photos. argh!!!
    Last edited by traveldawg; 05-15-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods