User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackwagon' When you take care of the truck squat, the 7" will look more desirable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be sure you have enough. How much is enough? Some tight campsites will cause you to have to put your truck in the ditch as you are backing in. Pucker factor increases exponentially if your clearance is too tight. Stay with 7” or whatever gives you good axle loading.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    That was first tow so we'll see how it all goes with a fully loaded trip. As for squat I'm not a fan of airbags and unless I get a lot more squat in the truck I'm not too worried. I do know the feeling of not enough weight on the front axle from previous setup with and without a wd hitch. I noticed the bumpers to engage the overload springs are really far from the spring when not hitched and I have to check still but from the hard hit we felt from the rear going over bumps I think it is just above the spring with the rv hitched and coming up and hitting when the bump in the road is big enough. I will probably be adding a spacer to close that gap and get engagement of the spring sooner. That should also take the slight sag I have out. Thanks for all the insight!
    Timbrens will do the job. They are reasonably priced and do not change the ride when the truck is empty.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123