User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop rig ... Cindy levels and adjust steps then starts on inside ... I hook up power and water ... turn on A/C ... bleed air hot water line turn on water heater .. back outside mats and grill/stove chairs ... if full hook up I do sewer next am .... set up 30-40 min break down a little longer ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th wheel 303rls. 15 minute set up, 30 min break down as I am cleaning slide tops and taking care of dumping and flushing tanks
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is that we are about average with the 5er bunch. I may take a little longer breaking down solo, but that is due to stopping to do do tank flushing. SWMBO puts more kitchen stuff in the floor than I do, so if she is with me, that gets done while I am doing my stuff, but then I don't put everything in the floor. But then you don't mention if you have any challenges with you home set up. Another thing about having SWMBO is that if I want to stop and a certain point, I don't have to keep getting out to look before I feel the bump.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 05-17-2020 at 11:02 PM.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a travel trailer. Takes me about 30 minutes, but I started doing it in stages, back in and level, unhook, connect elec for the AC, take a break, or go eat. Connect cable and water. Might take another break and then hook up sewage. I saw others doing it this way and like it, takes all the pressure off.
    Now breaking camp, I start by hooking to the truck (the wife is travel proofing the inside) When she's done, I pull power, cable, drain tanks and flush them, then pull all the water stuff.
    We have a laminated checklist that we sit down with and check off everything. The checklist is just that, but I passed it around to 4 or 5 of my RV buddies that had years of experience and they added all the things to check that they had goofed up, like TV antenna down (brother in law lost his), checks stairs in and locked, (a buddie had his come out in a turn and deposited them on a light pole), etc.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I travel for work, so im usually by myself w the Momentum. If I dont have the Harley to tie down, it takes about 1.5 hrs to break down and go. Thats all inside things stowed and secured, black/gray tanks drained/flushed, disconnect sewer hoses and rinse, take down sewer hose holder, clean off slide tops, turn off hot water, disconnect main water and aux water hose. Roll up electric. Tear down outside table and chairs, grill. Load all into truck, pull slides in, double check everything inside and out. pull up rear jacks and back truck up and hitch. Check tire pressure all the way around. Hook up trailer electrical to truck..roll out. Ive.been doing this w 5th wheels for nearly 30 years, if yall can do it in 20 mins then you must be running aroumd like you are on fire....its an easy 1.5 hrs.
    Set up everything is in reverse, about 1 hr

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been at it for over 6 years, with 3 separate 5th wheels. Generally it takes us a little over 1/2 hour to set up and slightly more to hook up. livinthelife is correct on the list. Until you've been at it regularly you need a check list to keep from doing the stupid things that most of us have done.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    For my travel trailer, at most 1/2 hour for setup, including the initial non-automated leveling. I will note that using a LevelMate Pro, and the Andersen Levelers, has greatly sped up that part of the process. But, even with using lego blocks or wood, with experience, you get to know how much to use, and how to lay it out. I do cheat, and have the DW help a bit at that stage. Water, sewer, electrical are very straight forward. As soon as whatever part of that that would be less convenient with the slides out is done, the DW puts them out, and takes care of whatever has to be unstowed inside. Getting ready to go - depends on how much pickup/stowing has to be done inside. If I'm doing a full, super duty clean out of the black tank, it may take an hour. If it is just unhooking and going, I can have everything hitched and ready to roll before she is done with the inside. Maybe again, 1/2 hour, if I'm putzing around.
    Agree, the levelmate Pro and Andersens are great, cuts down on the time for leveling for sure. Once you have your routine down it'll get quicker. Checklist I started with is just a routine now and no longer needed. My wife being the other 50% helps a ton and like many have said; best to take your time and be safe rather than sorry. We are at about a half hour now, I have outside seating and other camping stuff on top the trailer set-up as well. Tear-down, we plan for an hour.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set up is consistent depending on getting level and unhooked but most of ours are boon docking. As long as I can pop a beer after getting level and unhooked the rest is negligible. Tear down is the worst because of many variables that come into play. Walking dogs, feeding dogs, shower? , get cleaned and dressed, wife cleans inside better that our house every time, than proceed with outside stuff.

Both might be easier it we kept our trailer at our house.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 1/2 hour to set up and maybe a bit more to tear down.
    Once level side to side, SWMBO set chocks in front of the tires, I pull slightly into the chock and she sets the rear side chocks, this helps stabilize the trailer as it reduces roll on the axle. Truck in neutral, take foot off brake, to allow the coupler ball to go slack. Shut off truck. Raise the tongue jack and as it lifts, try to lift the coupler lock handle. 9 times out of ten it will go from I ain’t moving to look how loose I am as the jack raises the trailer. I use an Andersen so no bars to mess with. Once coupler clears the ball, unhook Andersen chain shackles and pull truck forward and readjust tongue jack to set front to back level. SWMBO yells when the fridge os level.

I set the slide/street side stabilizer jacks first, then the curb side. SWMBO runs out the slide unpacks the inside while I hook up the utilities. like others here, I seldom hook up the sewer until the next day.

Tear down, I dump the black tank first and make sure we have about 1/3 capacity in the fresh tank. Hook up the black flush and let her rip. Clear elbow lets you know when the tank is “clean”. I then dump greys (BTW make sure greys are 2/3 full to get a better flush). While tanks are dumping, the hoses cable if used and AC power can be stowed. I check the inside, SWMBO double checks the inside and then slide is brought in. She walks the dogs while I stow the stabilizer jacks and hook up the trailer. Truck back up camera makes this a one guy/gal job. Same with the Andersen, simple and no bars to lug around. Once lights checked, the chocks are removes and stowed and away we go.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20-30 minutes for both set and tear down as we share responsibilities. We both also take a walk around.
    Gets easier the more you do it.
    John & Margo Cooper
    Retired & Loving Life
    2017 F250
    2014 303RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast