User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said previously, take your time, especially when leaving. Upon arrival the first thing I do is hook up the electrical power to make sure our Progressive EMS will accept the power source at the campground. Nothing more aggravating than extending the jacks and / or unhooking only to find the EMS does not accept the power source.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have found the number one thing that will mess you up doing either one is someone coming up and talking to you while you are at work. As others have said you will develop a routine hooking up and unhooking. When you get interrupted it is so easy for something to get missed. If I get interrupted I will stop and wait til I'm alone again and start all over again from the beginning. That is why I will not go up to someone when they are in their process even if I know them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    As others have said previously, take your time, especially when leaving. Upon arrival the first thing I do is hook up the electrical power to make sure our Progressive EMS will accept the power source at the campground. Nothing more aggravating than extending the jacks and / or unhooking only to find the EMS does not accept the power source.
    This is great info and used to deserve first place in my fifth wheel schedule too,
    but after a "near miss" that was caught just in time,
    the NEW.. Number ONE thing to do when setting up is......

Drum roll please.......... FIRST THING I DO, is to CHOCK THE TRAILER WHEELS !!!

Incidentally......removing the wheel chocks, happens to be the LAST THING to do as well !!!
    This stops any backwards or forward rolling of the trailer, when dropping front jacks or hooking up the fifth wheel hitch !!

NOTHING will spoil a trip worst than bent landing gear or a wandering " slippery slope" trailer !!!

BTW... I always empty and flush tanks the night before, especially if I want an early start ....(9 am is early for me )

Michael
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 05-24-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take your time. It's not a race.

I can setup and tear down quickly when on the road, but I still give myself an hour for closing up shop when we are getting ready to depart, with 30 minutes the previous night. That's what I plan for, but if I need more time I take more time.

When I setup, I hook up the electrical first, then water and sewer, then open the slideouts. It doesn't take long.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-24-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Take your time. It's not a race.

I can setup and tear down quickly when on the road, but I still give myself an hour for closing up shop when we are getting ready to depart, with 30 minutes the previous night. That's what I plan for, but if I need more time I take more time.

When I setup, I hook up the electrical first, then water and sewer, then open the slideouts. It doesn't take long.
    Agreed, exactly what we do, take our time, and even then can be set up in 30-45 minutes. Yup, on setup, first thing hook up the power monitor and check the site feed, if ok get the electric connected.
    Tear down about the same time frame. I'm doing the outside stuff while the wife is taking care of the inside. I take my time with dumping the tanks and cleaning the black tank. About the time its ready for hitch up, the wife is done inside and comes out to assist hitching. She usually backs the truck in and hitches to the pin. Takes about 45 minutes to hitch and ready for pullout.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whittle burner X2. I need to "allow" as much "time" as needed to attend to the tasks in a sequencial manner, especally on leaving. As stated, mistakes can be costly, as I know from personal experience.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15 to 30 Minutes for set up, biggest issue of set up being how level the site is. 30 to 45 Minutes to break down and get on the road. Practice makes perfect as with any task, you'll get better as time goes on.
    Chris & Leslie

2015 F-150 FX4 Max Tow
    2019 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes us about 10 - 15 mins. to set up, we both have our jobs and work together. I would never sit and watch, unless I am not able too. Tear down I handle the inside, while he does the outside.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hampal View Post
    I'm curious as to how long it takes others to level up, hook up, etc. at a campground. Also how long when you're leaving to break camp and get on the road?

I'm new to this and it seems like it's taking me a long time. Just leveling up and unhitching in my yard takes at least an hour. It's that pretty normal? Seems like I always have trouble getting the hitch off the ball.

I've got a 2500 RL which is a travel trailer not a 5th wheel.
    TT will take longer than 5th wheel ... practice will make you quicker but remember take your time and enjoy it. Much of my fun camping comes from the planning and prep.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have a 27bhs, we are 1 year into it (it's our first rig) and we celebrated on Friday because we were in a spot between trees with room for the slide and level side and level to side in about 20 minutes. This is in a boondock 'site' that is kinda level. It took 4 of those 'lego' bricks to get level side to side this time. After side to side, it's another 20-30 min to get wheels chocked, off the hitch and stabilizer deploy. We are never in a hurry, even when we want to be and the kids are jumping around. Once off the hitch we divide the inside and outside setup. We work together to back into a spot and get level side to side. Teamwork is the key.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast