User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TT and it takes about 25 minutes to setup and about 35 to 40 minutes to break down. But to be honest, one of my rules with RVing is I never get in a hurry, its my relaxing time, even when breaking down. I will stop look around etc. The only time I get in a hurry is if it is raining. I can have everything ready to move in 15 minutes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vickie and Charlie, we agree and we do it the same way. One difference, we talk a lot about what we will do or did, laugh and say let us not forget this to do... Sometimes it takes longer. We are also in a 5th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hampal View Post
    I'm curious as to how long it takes others to level up, hook up, etc. at a campground. Also how long when you're leaving to break camp and get on the road?

I'm new to this and it seems like it's taking me a long time. Just leveling up and unhitching in my yard takes at least an hour. It's that pretty normal? Seems like I always have trouble getting the hitch off the ball.

I've got a 2500 RL which is a travel trailer not a 5th wheel.

It will be different for all of us. The important thing when doing both is to be systematic so that you know everything is set-up properly or everything is torn down properly. We started out with a checklist like a couple folks have mentioned and that is a great idea...why...because anyone can then do either in the right sequence. Also, my wife is the final check walking around the trailer (more on tear-down) to be sure all is right..uses the list.
    5th Wheel -- set-up about 30 minutes after unit is assured level. Tear-down is about 30 to 60 minutes depending on dumping at site and wash out of black water tank and hose.
    Hope this helps. Happy camping! Hopefully, you'll get out this year!
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though we are newer to RVing, we tend to be pretty efficient in setting up and breaking down. Maybe 30-45m for both. We split duties and use an aviation-style callout-response checklist to ensure nothing is missed. Better to take more time than miss something that will cause damage!
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    A time saver is starting the day before. Before dusk start picking up non essential Items and get them put away.
    Very smart! We do this too. Never know what the morning weather may be.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtraveller View Post
    Very smart! We do this too. Never know what the morning weather may be.
    That's a good point. On our last departure, the weather the day before was pretty good. I always plan at least 30 to 60 minutes the prior day depending on how long we have been in place. I'll check tire pressures, put things away, etc.

After our last departure, I've added an optional "close slideouts" to that night before. The weather forecast called for snow the next evening, but nothing that night or the next morning/day. I woke up at 01:15 to hear snow hitting the top of the bedroom slideout. I had already closed the living area slideouts, but since snow wasn't predicted I didn't close the bedroom. By the time I got outside to close it, the snow was enough to keep it from closing all the way. We turned the heat up a bit, and it was cleared by the time we wanted to depart.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Break down 30+ Minutes...Set up about the same

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    30 minutes tops from completely setup to driving away. 20 minutes from backing in to fully setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife and I are also new to this tow/haul lifestyle (since Jan'20). We tow a 2020 GD Reflection 297RSTS (double opposing slides). My wife thought it was taking too long to break down (she can be a little impatient...lol). I have to admit, the first couple of breakdowns I had the manual out and was making sure I did everything by the book. So my wife started timing me. 38 minutes to break down (i.e. dump tanks, disconnect and stow power cords and hoses, clean-up, hitch and adjust using ProPride 3P, Stow levelers and stabilizers, bring in slides, walk-thru inspection, and on the road). Allow for 1 hour, just in case. It all depends on how many times you have to flush the black tank. I may be a little anal (no pun intended), but I like to make sure my black tank is thoroughly flushed, so I tend to spend a lot of time in this area. If this is an overnight stay and I don't have to flush the black, then break down goes much faster. BTW, my wife and I work as a team with assigned tasks...she preps the inside for departure and I work on the outside items. We both work on the hitching tasks (includes adjusting WD jacks). My wife hasn't timed me for quite some time now. Not sure if it's because we're getting better/faster or if she now realizes just how much goes into the breakdown process.

I would say that set up is probably less than 30 minutes, but my wife has never timed me. BTW, we have HWH Hydraulic Auto Leveling System (may be a little overkill on a TT, but really nice to have), so I think our set up process may be a little easier than most. I recently purchased Anderson Leveler w/chock and Levelmate Pro to make finding the most level spot a little easier. While traveling the US this winter/spring, we got into some campground spots where even the auto level system had a hard time and tires were off the ground....not safe. I also always use the electric stabilizer jacks and lego blocks to provide extra stability and a solid feeling foundation for the TT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hubby is so ocd it takes him 30 mins to set up and tear down everything is checked and double checked 🤣
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    Hubby is so ocd it takes him 30 mins to set up and tear down everything is checked and double checked 🤣
    That is definitely not a bad thing in 30 minutes to set up or just take down is really quick. The extra couple minutes to double-check to make sure that you got everything disconnected and everything stowed properly to save you a lot of money down the road but having to replace things cuz you forgot it or you broke it or the all the other things to go along with that so I don't think that's so much OCD as it is just paying attention to detail. That's just my not-so-humble assessment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345