User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running Lights Issue

When we hooked up our 2016 Reflection 303, the taillights and all marker lights aren’t working. However the brake lights and turn signals are. I’m thinking a fuze, but have no idea where to look. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually in the fuse box under the hood in most vehicles. Owner’s manual will tell you where.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the truck, I think the problem is with the trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee & Sue View Post
    Trailer light fuses are in the truck, not the trailer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we hooked up our 2016 Reflection 303, the taillights and all marker lights aren’t working. However the brake lights and turn signals are. I’m thinking a fuze, but have no idea where to look. Has anyone had a similar issue?
    Lee / Sue,
    The problem may be in the 7 way connector you plug into your truck, either the RV plug or your truck plug. Pin 3 of that connector is the RV running lights. Make sure the RV plug is making good connection with your truck plug and the prongs inside the plugs are good and not corroded, bent or broken wires.

To trouble shoot just the RV, insert a fuse between pin 3 and 4 of the RV plug, (of course make sure your RV battery is connected) that will turn on the RV running lights. If the RV running lights come on you probably have a problem in the truck plug. Or pin 3 is not making a good connection.
    If the RV running lights do not come on, it could be the RV plug wiring or the junction box up inside the pin box where the umbilical cord ties into the RV wiring. If the fuse blows you have a shorted RV running light somewhere on the RV. Isolate which running light is causing the problem and fix. See attached pic.

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails marker light mod.jpg   plug wring.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-16-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use @Steven@147 check above first (quick and easy). If that fails (no tail/side marker lights) the first place I would check is in the junction box inside the pin box. On my trailer I had very poor wiring from the factory and a couple of ground wires that were not connected.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 05-16-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Use @Steven@147 check above first (quick and easy). If that fails (no tail/side marker lights) the first place I would check is in the junction box inside the pin box. On my trailer I had very poor wiring from the factory and a couple of ground sires that were not connected.

Chris
    Yup @CoChris is right that junction box can be a problem spot. I don't like where they put them up inside the pin box, makes it a PITA to get to. Of course easy peezy with the pin box out. This is what my factory box looks like. I checked it out and took a pic of it when I was changing the pin box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2325.jpg  
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of your replies. The photo and diagram really helped really helped to isolate it.
    When I did that the trailer lights worked. So I checked the fuse in the truck again. While it still looked okay, I replaced it and that was the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of your replies. The photo and diagram really helped really helped to isolate it.
    When I did that the trailer lights worked. So I checked the fuse in the truck again. While it still looked okay, I replaced it and that was the problem.

Thanks again for your help.
    Glad you got it fixed and thanks for letting us know what you found. Could have been a bad fuse from the get go, I would just keep an eye on it for a little while and your running lights just to make sure they are still operating. We turn on our running lights whenever we tow the RV day or night, really for two reasons, one is it brings a little more visibility to our rig towing. Two the running lights power our rear camera.

Go out and have fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I’m a little late, but what truck do you have? I had a similar recurring problem with my 2014 Ram. When I hooked up to the trailer, it blow the light circuit. Turns out the wire harness got loose and got into the spring pack. When unloaded everything was fine, when hooked up it would blow the fuse. Drove me nuts for a few weeks.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast