Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Another thing to think about, if you do find a microwave/convection type that will fit your space. A convection type would certainly required very good venting to keep from overheating. The one that came with our Momentum has the heat directed to an outside vent that is located on the wall directly behind the microwave/convection unit. Grand Design also has issued a "recall" because there is so much heat being generated from the convection that the wall behind it is turning dark and discoloring it. No fire hazard they say, but they are offering a ceramic based heat shield to be installed on the wall behind the unit. I suspect, a lot of the issues are stemming from folks using the convection part of the unit and NOT opening the outside vent. On my Momentum, you need a small ladder to be able to reach the locking tabs on the outside vent. Some folks probably just assume that the vent will work when needed and don't even realize that the vent is locked in the closed position until you climb up there and turn the two locking tabs to allow it to open.
    Not all rigs have an outside vent.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware that they put Convection type microwaves in units without an outside vent. Most microwaves have optional venting.....out the back, up through the top (if they aren't mounted directly under an overhead cabinet, and out the bottom if they are sitting on a countertop and the heat just comes back into the room it's in.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I wasn't aware that they put Convection type microwaves in units without an outside vent. Most microwaves have optional venting.....out the back, up through the top (if they aren't mounted directly under an overhead cabinet, and out the bottom if they are sitting on a countertop and the heat just comes back into the room it's in.
    Our rig doesn't have an outside vent. The stove & microwave/convection oven vent up behind the microwave and out the top into the room. I've been able to overcome most of the desired "vented" smells by opening the main vent in the room (right above the stove/fridge area) when cooking.

Here's our rig the day we picked it up. Note - no vent in the slide out for stove.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05 P1110047 Stitch.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	26615

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman67 View Post

Thanks for that. I have a vent and you are correct....it must be open. Again, it seems this idea is not feasible. Going to try the "double layer insulated metal baking sheet" in the gas oven as suggested.
    Forum hint: use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here) instead of just "Reply." That way, everyone will know to whom you are replying and that person will get a notification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12