Likes Likes:  0
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Slide Out Operation Question?

This one has been bugging me for a while, and I've been meaning to ask about it. It has to do with operating the kitchen and living room slides. When I run the room all the way out or all the way in, I get a clack-clack-clack sound at the end of travel. I try to be very careful and let my finger off the switch right before it reaches the end of travel. Some folks say that's just the clutch, and it's normal. Others say it's out of adjustment and needs to be fixed. Does anyone else's Reflection do this? Is it normal? Will it hurt anything?

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim- our 303 does this too and so did our previous Cougar TT. I understand based on dealer and forum feedback this is normal operation. I recall being alarmed by this several years ago when be bought our Cougar and the dealer (and other dealers) said this is the way the mechanical works.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been told it is normal and it is just the clutch. As long as you don't keep your finger on the slide button, nothing bad should happen. I always make a game out of it - try to only have one or two "clacks" while operating. I am usually in a hurry also because I am anxious to get set up and enjoy. Come on Spring!
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a clutch so it won't wreck anything.

All is normal on those slides...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two living area slides on my 337 do the same thing, Jim. The bedroom slide does not, but it is a different slide mechanism, I understand.
    My previous Cougar 5W , and Coachman TT did the exact same thing.
    Before that, I had a AERO/?Thor? hybrid TT that had the dining table slide I had to pull or push manually.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you asked that question Jim as I was going to bring it up when I bring my trailer in Thursday for some warranty repairs. My last trailer had cable operated slides (don't get me started on how much I hated those) so I was concerned but now I won't freak out
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    This one has been bugging me for a while, and I've been meaning to ask about it. It has to do with operating the kitchen and living room slides. When I run the room all the way out or all the way in, I get a clack-clack-clack sound at the end of travel. I try to be very careful and let my finger off the switch right before it reaches the end of travel. Some folks say that's just the clutch, and it's normal. Others say it's out of adjustment and needs to be fixed. Does anyone else's Reflection do this? Is it normal? Will it hurt anything?

Jim

When we were at the rally this past September we attended the Lippert instuction and Q & A seminar. Very informative. this was one of the questions asked and it is perfectly normal. Ours does the same thing.
    I think these seminars really are one of the best reasons to attend the rally. We learned lots of great information and the manufacturers put our minds to rest on most of our questions!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I'm glad you asked that question Jim as I was going to bring it up when I bring my trailer in Thursday for some warranty repairs. My last trailer had cable operated slides (don't get me started on how much I hated those) so I was concerned but now I won't freak out
    Oh, yeah, Poppy! We've had our cables adjusted twice; the first time because the LR slide drooped more than we thought it should and the second time because it screeched when opened or closed. We still love it, but would love a Reflection so much more!
    Question: Are the bottom cabinet and pantry shelves luan like the stuff that breaks in the Cougar High Country?
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
    Oh, yeah, Poppy! We've had our cables adjusted twice; the first time because the LR slide drooped more than we thought it should and the second time because it screeched when opened or closed. We still love it, but would love a Reflection so much more!
    Question: Are the bottom cabinet and pantry shelves luan like the stuff that breaks in the Cougar High Country?
    SkiSmuggs. I'm not sure what that shelving is made of, but it's tough. We had our Reflection loaded up with canned goods while we made a 9K mile run last summer. It didn't bend, break or groan the entire time. We love the pantry in the rig.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    SkiSmuggs, boy that's a tough question. Deb and I both feel they are stronger feeling but unless I could actually see the thickness I wouldn't know for sure. We learned from our Cougar to "spread the weight" more. We use baskets more. We keep canned goods on the lower shelves and there's just so many more cabinets to spread stuff to. We've been living in our for 5 days now and I can't even begin to tell you how much better this trailer seems to us. I asked Deb last night if she felt we were just trying to support our upgrade decision and we both decided that this is indeed a much better built rig in almost every way we can think of.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS