Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator not converting to Propane Gas automatically

Hi there,

Twice now, electricity has gone off briefly during a storm and has caused the Refrigerator to Check-light to start blinking and beeping. The solution seems easy enough to turn the unit off then back on again. But I never see the 'Gas' light turn on. I was under the impression that it would convert to Propane Gas when this happens.
    ...Or is that only when electricity is off permanently?
    ...Then what is the blinking/beeping a result of?
    ...And if its related, exactly which Propane Tank is #1 , that needs to sure be on -- driver's side or passenger side tank?

Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you have a good 12 volt at the Circuit board. Check the connection at the board. A little oxidation will cause a bad connection.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    Make sure you have a good 12 volt at the Circuit board. Check the connection at the board. A little oxidation will cause a bad connection.
    ^^ This would be a good place to start. If I understand you question correctly, it is..Obviously when on shore power the unit functions as designed. When shore power is out, the unit will not switch to propane (which requires 12v battery power for the circuit board and propane for cooling). The first thing I would check is to see if the battery disconnect is in the off position. The battery disconnect isolates the battery from the converter/charger (and the majority of the unit with some exceptions) and could cause your issue. Not sure what model you have but disconnect switch is likely located in the pass through storage. Turn it to on. If it is in the on position, check your battery voltage. Lastly, you may have a bad circuit board, but i would start with the disconnect switch and work from that to the battery, refer. Good luck and post back when you get the issue corrected, that way everybody learns from each other.

Another thought is to check and ensure the propane tanks are open and full. Not saying they are not, but rule out the simplest possible solutions first
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 05-17-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)