User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CCC issue is exactly why we got the 8k axle option on our 380FL. Still at only 2675 lbs. The CCC with 7k axles is under 1700. Not cool on such a big and spacious rig. We love this floor plan, but we are constantly evaluating what we keep on board. I personally think 8k axles should be standard on the longer floor plans.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we started looking for our full time rig and the Solitudes back in 2018, there were options that we wanted and some that we did not want. We landed on the 2019 3350RL S Class Solitude, which they don't make anymore. At almost 37 feet, It has a CCC of 4,478#, a huge amount over the regular Solitudes. That is with 7K axles, on a 16.8K GVWR.
    After we went full time our weigh out was 5900# on the front axle, 6050# on the rear axle and a pin weight of 3550#, total of 15.500# on a 16.8K GVWR. That was with everything loaded and 1/3 full fresh water which is how we normally run.

Now granted if you were to add in the full Solitude line DoDads, hydraulic leveling, bigger fridge, better dressed out cabinets, better frameless windows etc, etc, our CCC would have been much lower. We don't miss those additional options. (except for double pane windows)
    At some GD rally's right after we got our rig, we ran into a lot of full Solitude owners that were very unhappy with their CCC, some down into the 1500-1700# range. It made me wonder if some people had ever looked at the weight plaque listing the CCC on the left front side of the rig before they bought it.
    Some people we know/met, and some on this forum picked the S Class Solitudes just because of the better CCC. It wasn't too much later (maybe 2020?) that they came out with the 8K axle option so they could up the CCC of the full solitude line.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Steven@147, I thought the "S" in S-Class meant superior CCC. Loving it.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    @Steven@147, I thought the "S" in S-Class meant superior CCC. Loving it.
    Hey Frank! LOL's. I remember we spoke through the forums personal messaging back when you first decided to buy your rig. How are you liking your 3350RL?
    By the way looked at your sig line. We just received a recall on our Ram for the lug nuts.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hey Frank! LOL's. I remember we spoke through the forums personal messaging back when you first decided to buy your rig. How are you liking your 3350RL?
    By the way looked at your sig line. We just received a recall on our Ram for the lug nuts.
    Loving the trailer! I just received two 206A SOK batteries, have an appointment in Apr for a 12V fridge and am now shopping for an inverter. Last winter in TX taught me a lot. As for the RAM, I just got the fuel pump recall advance notice. Have not heard about lug nuts, I'll have to check that out.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very educational thread...
    Just yesterday we ordered a 2022 351MS.
    Upgraded the axles to 8k axles
    Upgraded the tires to Cooper H rated tires with 17.5" rims

Standard UVW = 14,700 #
    GVW = 16,800 #
    Which left only 2,100# cargo capacity, which is why we upgraded the above.

Supposedly the upgrades give us an additional 1200 # only, so we will still need to budget weight.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just started living in our 2022 Solitude 390RK and we were quite surprised when we first scaled it locally (total weight only) and came out at 26,220. My truck scaled at 8600 with only me in it which means the trailer weighed 17,620!

We do full-time in one place since I am military. When we travel, we go on a on a weight reduction plan and off-load unnecessary items into suit cases, tubs, and boxes. The front baggage compartment was mostly empty with tools, misc items, 5 gal propane tank, gas firepit, and a few empty boxes to keep items from shifting around. In the rear it was also limited in items stored with only two mountain bikes on the roller tray, blackwater tub, hoses, trlr surge protector, power cable, empty cooler, and portable grill.

On the last trip we got down to 25,300 with truck weight at 8,900 (which included all occupants) so the trailer weight was 16,400. This put us at the numerical limits in the three critical areas, GVWR (truck + trailer), RAWR (truck), cargo (truck), and trailer sticker weight. Unfortunately we did not order our trailer and got the 7k axles. We fully intend to upgrade (on our own dime) to 8k axles or 8k IS. Once I finally submit my appendix J (2-5 years), we are also making the plunge to a dually as well so we can carry more while we travel full-time as opposed to our current arrangement.
    My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR and grid heater delete, GDP airhorn and heater, ARP head studs, 5" TBE, billet VB, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs. My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,500 rolling.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Grand Design 5th wheels are heavy, and IMO, should come standard with 8,000 lb. axles. Ours has a GVWR of 16,800 lbs. like yours and we run about 17,500 loaded on the road. But it is what it is, and we haul what we need.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoolbus View Post
    ... We fully intend to upgrade (on our own dime) to 8k axles or 8k IS...
    You realize this won't change the "legal" trailer GVWR on the sticker, don't you?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance, You are exactly correct. Doesn't matter if we try to make the trailer or truck safer. The only thing that counts is the stupid sticker. GD manufacturer and dealer have "hamstrung" its customers by allowing the UVW to increase because of the upgrades. For me and my families safety, I will ensure the 5th wheel and truck are brought up to weight standards. The label be damned.
    Unless GD wants to help us out.
    So for, I have at least 5 owners that have the same problem with their 390RK.

Signed not help with GD right now.
    Dan
    Dan and Kathy
    2022 Solitude 390RK
    2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Duramax
    USMC Semper Fi

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast