User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been concerned about the CCC of the newer Solitudes for quite some time. I can handle more CCC in my 2015 Reflection than most of these Solitudes. It's a shame to have all of the storage options, but it's impossible to use them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4youngs View Post
    I've been concerned about the CCC of the newer Solitudes for quite some time. I can handle more CCC in my 2015 Reflection than most of these Solitudes. It's a shame to have all of the storage options, but it's impossible to use them.
    know very little about Solitudes. Is there anything else out there with space you can use? For giggles we toured a Luxe triple axle 5er that had some very respectable CCC limits. How much more is it than a Solitude?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    know very little about Solitudes. Is there anything else out there with space you can use? For giggles we toured a Luxe triple axle 5er that had some very respectable CCC limits. How much more is it than a Solitude?
    Luxe is roughly double the price.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Luxe is roughly double the price.
    Thanks, good to know. It would appear that you get what you pay for to a certain extent. Purchasing a 40 foot plus 5er and expecting it to carry thousands of pounds over its limit just because it has space, is simply not realistic in my opinion from the perspective of either the manufacturer or the consumer. what did GDRV expect owners to store, styrofoam blocks, or maybe inflatable flamingoes? I wonder if standards like CCC being 20-25% of GVWR should be in place? I was very fortunate with the senior sales rep I had three years ago. He actually showed me the math to indicate if I had even 1/2 of the capacity of fresh water on board, the unit was very close to GVWR with “typical” personal belongings. If we travelled with a full fresh water supply, our CCC is only about 60% of the declared CCC. (For my unit, CCC is about 16% of GVWR)
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Wow that's heavy! My Solitude 375 RES is a very similar trailer and I've added the Onan generator and washer/dryer. Mine scaled at 12750 on the axles and 3860 on the pin the last time I weighed it. This was with all bedding, pots and pans, and glass plates and cups etc. This was also with two 40 pound LP bottles full and two batteries. I also have the pull out outside kitchen. That's 16610 pounds against a 16800 GVWR so I'm close as well. You must have some heavy stuff!
    Sure didn't/don't think so. Once the washer/dryer were added our CCC dropped to 1902 pounds .... that isn't much at all. Hard to visualize what that kind of weight is ... but at this point we would need to empty the underbelly and either the kitchen or bedroom :0 !!! Just crazy.
    Joe and Beth - Not in Kansas anymore…
    2018 Ford F350, 6.7L Diesel, DRW, CC, LB
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebethbark View Post
    Sure didn't/don't think so. Once the washer/dryer were added our CCC dropped to 1902 pounds .... that isn't much at all. Hard to visualize what that kind of weight is ... but at this point we would need to empty the underbelly and either the kitchen or bedroom :0 !!! Just crazy.
    Literally a ton of stuff...lol
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanks empty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kept it about 63!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    We love Luxe however the price of $175-$200k is significantly more than we'd care to spend. Our one ton could pull is as they are about 24,000 GVWR but doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room!! They make them right though!!!!❤️

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery of a 2022 Solitude 390RK in Oct 2021. We ordered the 7k axles with disk brakes. This setup came with Cooper 17.5" h rated tires. GD figured that the West lakes can't handle the weight. On my 2016 Refection, I ditched the West lakes and went to Goodyear Endurance tires. US made for me. Also recommend a tire monitoring system. Great peace of mind.
    Dan and Kathy
    2022 Solitude 390RK
    2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Duramax
    USMC Semper Fi

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast