User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bath shower valve and shower leaks.

First weekend in our 377mbs. We discovered 2 issues in the shower. After the 3rd or 4th shower the shower valve started leaking significantly. The leak is coming from where the shower head hose connects to the valve, there is a small hole on the underside which appears to be a weep hole possibly. The water is spraying from that small hole. We also have a leak in the basement that appears to be coming from the shower. With water pressure on there is no leak. When the shower is on and the spray directed to the rear wall there is no leak. Leaks only when shower is used and water is hitting the door. Our shower door bottom is not caulked on the inside of the shower only the outside. It appears water could be getting under the door ? Anyone experience there issues.
    Last edited by tileman; 05-17-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add picture

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 26553 Picture of our valve.
    Last edited by D2Reid; 05-18-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tileman View Post
    Attachment 26553Picture of our valve.
    Attempting to load that produces an "invalid attachment" error. The site accepts JPG, PNG, GIF and can handle fairly large but not monstrous files.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First weekend in our 377mbs. After the 3rd or 4th shower the shower valve started leaking significantly. ... Anyone experience there issues.

Yup, all of them. A couple of things to look for. Definitely take the time to remove the shower door and caulk it properly. That one pays a lot of dividends down the road. The shower heads are pretty cheap junk, but they do work so long as the washers and grommets are in place. There should be an o ring/washer on the hose connection that attaches to the shower head.

Mine kept leaking into the basement. I put caulking around the top of the shower valve structure, that helped, but it was still leaking. I finally got fed up and bought a new shower head. RV plumbing and house plumbing are different so I had to buy another cheap shower valve. When I got the new package it had big rubber washers that installed on the back side of the wall. These were absent from my original factory installation. After I installed the new shower head all my leaks stopped. It only took me two years to figure this all out.

May not be your issue, but something to look at. PS, I have asked the better admins to fix your picture, not sure why it is failing.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. Were you able to replace the shower valve from the shower side or did you have to cut a opening in the linen closet to gain access.
    Last edited by tileman; 05-18-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. Were you able to replace the shower valve from the shower side or did you have to cut a opening in the linen closet to gain access.
    In my Momentum 376 the shower head wall shares with the bedroom wall. GD did a good thing by cutting a hole to install the shower head, then covering it with a decorative 1x4. I pull 2 screws remove the decorative board and have easy access to the back of the shower wall. I also tied some string around the hoses, if I dropped one it would be a chore to get it fished back up.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have water coming from what you're calling a "weep hole" on the underside of the fitting where the shower hose attaches, that's a faulty back-flow preventer. There is a check valve built into that fitting where the hose screws on and, if it's spewing water while the shower is on, the backflow preventer has failed. Since it's part of the faucet assembly, the faucet will need to be replaced. Depending on the floorplan, access to do so is relatively easy. On our Reflection 337, there was a removable panel on the inside of the linen cabinet in the bathroom. I just had to replace the shower faucet in our Solitude 310 for the same reason - the access panel is on the back wall of our pantry.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 310GK last weekend and got home with it inspecting the rig and ours is leaking at that weep hole as well. What shower head did you replace yours with??

Thanks
    Mike

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeST View Post
    We just purchased a 310GK last weekend and got home with it inspecting the rig and ours is leaking at that weep hole as well. What shower head did you replace yours with??

Thanks
    Mike
    If you're asking me, we didn't replace the shower head - just the faucet which contains the backflow preventer. If you only have a little water coming out of that hole for a few minutes after you turn the shower off, there is nothing wrong with the backflow preventer - it's doing its job.

Forum hint: if you use the "Reply With Quote" instead of just "Reply," everyone will know to whom you are replying.

Rob

PS: what part of New Mexico? (Las Cruces native here - though the military kept me away for many years.)
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Some water comes out while the shower is running and then as you say when it is turned off it drains.
    I’m retired from the Navy, we currently live in Roswell but I’m originally from ABQ.

Thanks again!
    Mike