User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Reflection 337RLS Electrical Outlet Issue

Hey all. New RVer needs some help. I got my used RV and the 2 outlets by the "Coffee Bar" don't work, yet the rest of the outlets in the unit work, no GFIC tripped anyplace. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong. I'm pretty sure they worked when I picked up the unit but now doing an at-home test of my systems. Thanks all, Happy RVing when the "C" thing is over.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the breaker box first for tripped breakers. May be tied into another circuit.

There may also be multiple GFCI outlets. Could be one outside and one in the bathroom.

Do your exterior outlets work in the pass through?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve! It's not a 120v circuit as I checked those breakers. It may be tied to a DC fuse and I'll check them tomorrow when I get my spare fuse kit. All my lights work in every room and so does other outlets in kitchen, and the ones in the living room & bathroom. But, I did find out that the 3 outlets in the bedroom are dead also but none of the now 5 outlets are GFIC.

Wish me luck for tomorrow! Oh, BTW I love Tom Shaffer's RV. It was one of the first places I stopped at a little over a year ago and everyone was so great. Follow up was great also, interesting info but not at all annoying. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    Thanks Steve! It's not a 120v circuit as I checked those breakers. It may be tied to a DC fuse and I'll check them tomorrow when I get my spare fuse kit. All my lights work in every room and so does other outlets in kitchen, and the ones in the living room & bathroom. But, I did find out that the 3 outlets in the bedroom are dead also but none of the now 5 outlets are GFIC.

Wish me luck for tomorrow! Oh, BTW I love Tom Shaffer's RV. It was one of the first places I stopped at a little over a year ago and everyone was so great. Follow up was great also, interesting info but not at all annoying. Thanks
    If your AC outlets are not working the problem is not in the 12v DC system. You may have a problem with one of your legs of power from your 50 amp service. Your 50 amp service has two legs, L1 and L2. My 2020 337 has the GFIC in the kitchen and bath on L2 and the sockets under the hutch and in the bedroom on L1. Are you plugged into 50 amps? If not then you are probably using a “dog bone” which may not be working properly. Check all of your appliances and see if anything else is not working. Don’t turn on your electric hot water heater unless you have water in it. Below is how my trailer is wired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AE10BE4-5849-4A40-AC94-7D86A1C85336.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	973.0 KB 
ID:	26579
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words.....we try!

If it is the regular outlets you are talking about, they are absolutely 120v.

There are no 12 volt outlets, so it will be on the 120 side of things.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, your good! You got the light bulb in my head to go off. Trying to learn so much with new RV I didn't really notice that there were 2 circuits for AC receptacles, the ones on Leg 1 that aren't GFI protected and ones on Leg 2 that are GFI protected. I feel so dumb! You are right its how I'm powering the RV, only running 20 amps to it right now. When I get my 3 prong 30 amp to 4 prong generator 30 amp converter plug I can run my "splitter dog bone" and get 45-50 amps to the RV from my generator. This I expect will correct my "problem" Thank you!!! BTW I have the same AC breaker panel configuration.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, your good! You got the light bulb in my head to go off. Trying to learn so much with new RV I didn't really notice that there were 2 circuits for AC receptacles, the ones on Leg 1 that aren't GFI protected and ones on Leg 2 that are GFI protected. I feel so dumb! You are right its how I'm powering the RV, only running 20 amps to it right now. When I get my 3 prong 30 amp to 4 prong generator 30 amp converter plug I can run my "splitter dog bone" and get 45-50 amps to the RV from my generator. This I expect will correct my "problem" Thank you!!! BTW I have the same AC breaker panel configuration.
    Good to hear that it was some help. I am confused with what you are saying. How are you powering your trailer? You have a 50amp cable and connection on your trailer. If you are plugging this into a house hold 120v 15 or 20 amp circuit then you must have some kind of adapter. There are many kinds of adapters but as far as I know they all power both legs of your trailer service with the 120v input. You need a adapter that plugs into you 50amp cord. The adapter can be 50amp to 110 or 50amp to 30amp then another adapter to get to 110/120. With the 50amp you have 120v on two legs. With the adapter your single 120 from your house is delivered to both of the legs in the trailer. If you are using an adapter and both legs of power in your trailer are not energized then something is wrong. You may want to buy another adapter.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using a "Power Grip™ 29" Splitted Power Maximizer Adapter with Handle Grip (30A Male x 15A Male Male x 50A Female) by Camco®" Part number 55025. I bought it from CamperID. Was only using the 15 amp plug till I get my converter for 30 amp to my generator.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using a "Power Grip™ 29" Splitted Power Maximizer Adapter with Handle Grip (30A Male x 15A Male Male x 50A Female) by Camco®" Part number 55025. I bought it from CamperID. Was only using the 15 amp plug till I get my converter for 30 amp to my generator.
    I looked this adapter up and it is a new one to me. I can see why they make it. You pull into a camp ground and they only hace 30amp. You plug this adapter into the 30amp socket and the 15amp socket on the pedestal. It will power one leg of your 50amp trailer off the 30amp and the other leg off the 15amp. It should work but you need to know which leg of your 50amp trailer is powered by the 30amp and which from the 15amp so you don’t overload the 15amp leg. When I am on 30 amp I just use a regular adapter that splits the 30amp to both lrgs og my 50amp trailer. Works fine.

I don’t understand this statement “Was only using the 15 amp plug till I get my converter for 30 amp to my generator.” does your generater put out 30amps?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post deletd double post
    Last edited by J&J___; 05-20-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast