User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 395m change

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I saw that pic in the previous thread I contacted Nate at GD. Told me they have a prototype on the line and it was near finished. That was about a month ago. He recently sent me the floorplan. Now my dilemma is to keep the wife from seeing it! LOL. Have a 2018 395M and love it. Don't even want to guess at the depreciation on it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW- It also looks like they extended the garage, It's listed at 14' and I know mine isn't that long. And the 1/2 bath is an option, which I think it was mandatory on mine. I'd have to check the sticker, but I think it's heavier too, listed at 15300 I think.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From looking at the floor plan it looks like you might be able to access the fridge now. That would mean access to bedroom bathroom and fridge. That's big. I also wouldn't like losing a closet. Like I have always heard storage storage storage. You can never have too much storage. Unless it's the 375 Solitude.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    Apparently the 395M will change to the 395MS for the 2021 year. Anybody got pics or specs ? Saw one interior pic on the facebook 394/395 owner's page but that was it.

Rich
    go to the GD web site its there
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    BTW- It also looks like they extended the garage, It's listed at 14' and I know mine isn't that long. And the 1/2 bath is an option, which I think it was mandatory on mine. I'd have to check the sticker, but I think it's heavier too, listed at 15300 I think.
    In 2018, the 1/2 bath in the 395 was standard. If you wanted the same exact trailer WITHOUT the 1/2 bath in the rear, you could buy the 394M.....that is what we have, as we didn't want the 1/2 bath for our purposes. It takes away some of the garage space and since it's just the two of us, we didn't feel it was necessary. Then sometime in 2019, they dropped the 394M production and just offered the 395...and the 1/2 bath was optional when ordering the trailer.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    go to the GD web site its there
    I did. The floorplan is there now but the gallery is just stock photographs, not of the new floorplan. however we've seen enough on other sites that we're pretty sure this is the new Casa ! Just want to actually get in one. Thanks for the heads up !! Cheers, Rich
    Life consists of two dates separated by a dash...Make the most of the dash !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m wanting to see a walk through of the inside of this floor plan. We currently own a 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005. The floor plan is similar but without a dinette. We love the floor plan of the 395MS but we’re also worried about storage. Has anyone seen the inside and can determine how many cabinets and closet space there actually is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Hartmann View Post
    But that extra linen drawer space with window above took away 1/4 of the bedroom closet/drawer storage in the 2021 395MS. The photo doesn’t show that, but I saw a walk-thru video and there are now only 3 closet doors....so much smaller hanging space in the closets and smaller drawers too. I’m wondering what kind of storage is below the countertop below the pantry. It would appear non usable space. I don’t think I could get by with a pantry that’s from the countertop and up only....Hmmmm. I sure wish they would consult real owners of these rigs to get input before they mess up a good basic plan. Another thing....you lose the drawer storage under the range when you get a bigger size. I really need that storage drawer. I like the basic floor plan but my 349 has just as much countertop space and more overhead storage in the kitchen.
    Where did you see a walk thru video? Hubby and I are wanting to see the redesign.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No video yet. The only thing is a picture in the brochure. Last time I checked they didn't even have the 395MS listed on the website under Momentums.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics of new layout

Hi! New here and to RV ownership too. In our process of deciding which RV we wanted, I came across this thread. We have decided on the 395MS, and like you, couldn’t find photos of new layout. So I emailed Grand Design and a very nice person sent me these. I thought I would share with you here. The photos are in my album. I couldn’t find a way to post within the thread. We love some things about the new layout, but prefer some from the old! But it’s still our favorite TH for our needs. Thanks to everyone here who shares their knowledge and experience and opinions. It’s been a great resource.

Edit: looks like I managed to upload a few, but there are more in the album under my profile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CB69223A-665C-464D-878E-F1305BFFC6F3.jpeg   2B0C62FE-13F8-40A9-85C4-D8369CF7284B.jpeg   1DF16683-24D6-4E7A-A837-5046BB6F5059.jpeg   53592B7A-66FD-4A9F-9690-F4AD10E1D0CE.jpeg   E4F01982-B810-409A-8954-764863322018.jpeg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast