Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weight info for rv hitch

we are planning on purchasing a grand design 31mb. the fry weight is 9778 and gross is 11995. we are also planning on purchasing the pullrite superglide. are we fine purchasing the 16k or should we do the 20k rating.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmarinecorps05 View Post
    we are planning on purchasing a grand design 31mb. the fry weight is 9778 and gross is 11995. we are also planning on purchasing the pullrite superglide. are we fine purchasing the 16k or should we do the 20k rating.

I would go for the 20 for the simple reason if you upgrade sometime down the road you're not having to get another hitch. Plus a little comfort room is always nice.

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 05-19-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: not enough coffee yet
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with Whittleburner on getting the larger capacity hitch. I have a Momentum that has a GVWR of 20K lbs and I opted for the 25K Companion instead of the 20K. I will likely never by a trailer that is bigger than the present one, but I also am one of those guys that believe that heavier than needed will provide some level of not stressing the "just enough" capacity item. Kind of like buying a truck to pull the trailer and being right on the ragged edge of payload, towing capacity etc...vs. having more truck than is actually needed....less stress on everything mechanical involved in the towing process.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"