Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50A to 15A adapter for Solitude

Hi all - We're anticipating the arrival of our Solitude in the next couple weeks and I'm ordering lots of odds/ends. Is this the right power adapter that fits into the Solitude? I wasn't sure about the twist on type connector. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085HPJNH3...CY235BBC&psc=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	713z+69j5EL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	26593
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. This will do it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G16LLP..._n58WEbQQ9KW40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, technically, you are both right.

The OP has the right one if he wants to run an extension cord all the way to the RV.

TNFisher is right if you want to adapt the regular 50 amp cord down to 15 amp.

I would personally use something like this...

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Power-Ad...1550D90VP.html

or this...

https://www.amazon.com/LeisureCords-...CVT7DX3XNTW153

If you don't want to man handle the 50 amp cord when parked at home.
    Last edited by huntr70; 05-19-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter is right. If you are looking for a way to hook power while your RV is home between trips. It’s much easier to stretch out a 20 amp extension cord than taking a 50 amp (heavy) cord.

By-the-way, the one you pictured will work also for ease at home.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone - that helps a lot! I wasn't sure about the socket that's on the rig.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thanks everyone - that helps a lot! I wasn't sure about the socket that's on the rig.
    Someone always comes along to screw up perfectly good advice with more advice. Here I am!

There's another way to tackle this and prepare you for all things at a lower cost, but it does involve using the trailer's power cable at all times which some don't like to do.

It's nearly certain, if you're using the trailer to travel around, that you're sometimes going to need to plug into 30-amp sites/receptacles, so you'll need to adapt your cable to do that.

https://www.amazon.com/GearIT-RV-Dog...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

(There are many products like that around - that one is just the first one on the list at Amazon, not a specific recommendation but an example of what you want.)

Then at times you'll need to plug into 15-amp receptacles so you can inexpensively adapt your 30-amp adapter to that.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55222-P...895169&sr=8-33

However if handling the trailer's cable seems unattractive and you don't mind buying and carrying around the larger style of 15-amp adapter recommended above, fill yer boots!
    Last edited by boyscout; 05-19-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFisher View Post
    I use this one as well. I like it because I can tie up the adaptor (usually with a bungee cord) to remove the stress on the 20A Plug. I don't mind handling the 50A cord.
    The one that goes directly to the trailer port, without the normal 50A cord, would be handy in certain situations. I could see having both. Now I have another item to add to the list.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very fond of my 90 degree version of the 50 to 15/20. Yes, it is a single solution, but it is very nice and I find that 15/20 amps is all I can get from my MoochDocking friends. I also have 50 to 30 dedicated DogBone for those not-so-rare campgrounds that are 30amp only (including my house).

The individual plugs that change plug format are OK, but the dedicated DogBone is usually a quality solution. My $0.02.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, forgot link.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKHC7P8...roduct_details

I have never had issues with the extension cord falling off of this straight connector (different from the red one referenced earlier in this thread). I have 10gage extension cord, so it can carry 20 amps if it needs to as the dogbone is also 10gage.

Be sure to get the type with the locking ring on the 50amp camper side.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    sorry, forgot link.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKHC7P8...roduct_details

I have never had issues with the extension cord falling off of this straight connector (different from the red one referenced earlier in this thread). I have 10gage extension cord, so it can carry 20 amps if it needs to as the dogbone is also 10gage.

Be sure to get the type with the locking ring on the 50amp camper side.

I used this one for several months, over the winter, as we keep out trailer parked beside the house. This spring, when unhooking, I realized that we often have voltage spikes during winter storms, and have even had lightbulbs burn out as a result.

To make the story short, I thought about what might happen to the sensitive electronics in the trailer in that case, and reverted back to keeping the EMS hooked up, along with the heavy 50-amp cord. I think that the extra coverage provided by the EMS is worth the effort of using the 50-amp cord. I do run a heavy-duty 25-foot cord from the 20-amp outlet in my shop, so that way I can keep the EMS and heavy cord under the trailer, as opposed to having to haul them over to a hook-up at the house.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast