User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I did it!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the Eez TPMS for three years with no issues on my 29RS.
    The current four wheel system is model: TPMS-4, priced at $259.
    I like that the monitor only needs a plug in recharge about once per year.
    Sensor button batteries were replaced once, without removing from valve stems.
    It's a good system.

https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/c...em-tpms?page=1
    Larry & Jeannie
    Petoskey, MI
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ NHT heavy tow option,
    AirLift airbags, Bilstein Shocks, Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus Tires - 285/50R20 116T XL
    Eeztire TPMS
    2017 Reflection 29RS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by North_of_45 View Post
    I have used the Eez TPMS for three years with no issues on my 29RS.
    The current four wheel system is model: TPMS-4, priced at $259.
    I like that the monitor only needs a plug in recharge about once per year.
    Sensor button batteries were replaced once, without removing from valve stems.
    It's a good system.

https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/c...em-tpms?page=1
    I have 2 tire sensor systems laying under my desk in my office, because I thought I would save money and not buy the TST setup that I used to have on my motor home.
    The first one I bought was the Bellacorp it was the cheapest and had good reviews. That one was totally useless. Once you set it up the sensors always read the same pressure, even if you took the sensor off the tire. That system never worked, so I bought the TireMinder. The TireMinder worked OK but one sensor was always losing touch with the monitor. I had 6 sensors and only needed 4, but one position was always a problem. I wasn't going to fool around with the 3 that worked, but I could never get all 4 to work on a consistent basis. I had ordered a new improved TireMinder repeater from amazon, but I sent it back, because I didn't want to through good money after bad.
    I gave up and bought the TST with the color monitor and cap sensors. Don't get the flow through sensors unless you have metal valve stems.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gijake View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Reflection 260 RD and pick it up next week. This is my 1st 5th wheel and I am excited and scared. For a lot of you here I would be your worst nightmare camping neighbor. A newbie that doesn't know how to work on plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems - never mind parking. But I have a good attitude and am willing to learn.

One of the reasons I picked GD was this forum. For the most part people here have experienced decent customer service from GD and that helped with my decision.

I purchased a back up camera and a mounted progressive surge protector. Could some of you help out with what to look for during delivery, a camping check list, and some suggested accessories? I will get some good chairs, maybe a outdoor mat, tools, but what else should I consider?

The RV comes with a started package and I will upgrade the hose.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Congratulations on the new camper! Everyone starts as a newbie and learns as they go. We picked up our 260RD in February after a 25 year hiatus from camping. Enjoy!!
    Eulah & Jim Johnson
    Lucy
    our mini Goldendoodle
    2020 Reflection 150 260RD
    B&W 20K Companion Puck Hitch
    2014 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L Flex
    Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT Tires

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome too! We believe you made the great decision to find this forum! Everyone is so wonderful and they share nicely. Even our own mistakes. Go check out YouTube channels as well. There are a lot of them out there. We truly enjoy the ones with Grand Design rigs! Happy Safe Travels!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all your replies. I took delivery and it was smooth but I know I missed things. Too much to learn all at once. I've been practicing hitching unhitching backing and backing while turning (very ugly). Have lost sleep but yesterday went better than the time before.

Our 1st trip the 2nd week of June and looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! You certainly decided to jump right into the deep end! We bought our first 5er last year, but Nikki and I are lifelong campers and worked our way up from bed rolls to renting and then the gambit of campers graduating along the way, if you will. This forum is a great resource and you will find campers tend to be a helpful, friendly bunch. Good luck and happy camping! Oh, and everything about it gets easier with practice and experience!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you taking the plunge to purchase a 5th wheel!
    Don't fret the small stuff, every person on here started with something and learned along the way. I'm a firm believer in there is no better teacher than experience and you won't get that in it's truest form unless you own one. Just practice as much as you can, trying this or that, the info here will be a huge help in that department and then go find an empty parking lot to practice your towing/backing maneuvers. A little practice can really help when you get to that first campsite.

Looking forward to reading about your trips and experiences!
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gijake View Post
    Thank you for all your replies. I took delivery and it was smooth but I know I missed things. Too much to learn all at once. I've been practicing hitching unhitching backing and backing while turning (very ugly). Have lost sleep but yesterday went better than the time before.

Our 1st trip the 2nd week of June and looking forward to it.
    From all you have done so far I think you got this with no issues. Your going to have many years of enjoyment.

After I retired from my real job I decided to drive a tractor trailer for a while , about 1 year and a half. What any driver will tell you about backing is this. Always know you will have good days and bad days backing. I have backed trucks up in places I was told I couldn't fit. The next day couldn't back in a place with 20 yards open on both sides of me. You do get better with time , but you will always have good days and bad days backing. Do not worry about people waiting or watching you. They don't have a dog in your fight.
    Do what you have to do taking your time and being careful. Everyone around you, and yourself will thank you for it.
    Jim T.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123