Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it!!!

I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Reflection 260 RD and pick it up next week. This is my 1st 5th wheel and I am excited and scared. For a lot of you here I would be your worst nightmare camping neighbor. A newbie that doesn't know how to work on plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems - never mind parking. But I have a good attitude and am willing to learn.

One of the reasons I picked GD was this forum. For the most part people here have experienced decent customer service from GD and that helped with my decision.

I purchased a back up camera and a mounted progressive surge protector. Could some of you help out with what to look for during delivery, a camping check list, and some suggested accessories? I will get some good chairs, maybe a outdoor mat, tools, but what else should I consider?

The RV comes with a started package and I will upgrade the hose.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
    Last edited by Gijake; 05-19-2020 at 06:18 AM.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig ! You will soon be more proficient in RV repair than you ever imagined. They are always needing some kind of repair or maintanance.
    The best thing to do is read your owners manual and all the supplied component manuals as well, this will tell you each individual maintanance requirements.

As for parking, practice...you can never get to much. Find an empty parking lot and go to it.

Here are a few different PDI lists https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)

Print a couple up pick the one you like and take one with you when you do your inspection before paying for the trailer. We spent several hours going through our 303 before finalizing the deal . Luckily we only found minor cosmetic issues. if it's a big item needing attention don't sign until the trailer is right. It is amazing how fast those repairs get done while they are waiting to get paid.

As for accessories the list is endless and depends on when you get tired of opening your wallet . This thread has some good suggestions .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello welcome! I look at it this way. My wife and I consider our GD 2800BH our second home and as such we outfit our camper with the same things we have at our home. Every year I make a check list of things we need, and we are always adding something to the list - that's half the fun for us! We learned a LOT from other campers, and they are willing to offer advice and answer our questions, just like on this forum. Just take a look around your house - you'll need the same things for your camper. Good luck!

Rich & Melanie

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you I think you will like it a lot. Don't worry about asking for help if needed. Firstly all anyone can do is say no. Or you may make some new friends, just remember to reciprocate.
    Some ladies camped next to me last fall came asking for input on a few things. After digging for some parts and a brief visit to each of their campers I got a few electrical issues resolved for them. Now we are in frequent communication and planning a trip together next fall.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the information. Lots to learn!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gijake

Congratulations . I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it. You will find you never stop learning about Campers of any kind. This site has a lot of GD experienced owners on it. I have read and leaned a lot from this site.
    Ask question and I'm sure one of them will help. They always do. Great bunch of people on here for sure. Relax and enjoy that 5th wheel. Again congratulations.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Congrats on the new rig ! You will soon be more proficient in RV repair than you ever imagined. They are always needing some kind of repair or maintanance.
    The best thing to do is read your owners manual and all the supplied component manuals as well, this will tell you each individual maintanance requirements.

As for parking, practice...you can never get to much. Find an empty parking lot and go to it.

Here are a few different PDI lists https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)

Print a couple up pick the one you like and take one with you when you do your inspection before paying for the trailer. We spent several hours going through our 303 before finalizing the deal . Luckily we only found minor cosmetic issues. if it's a big item needing attention don't sign until the trailer is right. It is amazing how fast those repairs get done while they are waiting to get paid.

As for accessories the list is endless and depends on when you get tired of opening your wallet . This thread has some good suggestions .
    The pdf in the link you provided seems to be broken. Is there another way yo get them? Or is it just my device that's acting up again?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The pdf in the link you provided seems to be broken. Is there another way yo get them? Or is it just my device that's acting up again?

It may be because you are using a mobile device? I just tried on my computer with no problem. Also if you do a search with tag words "PDI checklist" and MYGRANDRV you get more hits and different lists. There was a thread going last fall about hiring a qualified inspector too. Trust me for a couple hundred to have somebody that knows what they are looking for to come in and pick it apart it would be worth it. I spent more than that in time and gas getting mine back and forth to a dealer trying to get things resolved.
    Also I suggest you don't sign any paper until you are satisfied.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It may be because you are using a mobile device? I just tried on my computer with no problem. Also if you do a search with tag words "PDI checklist" and MYGRANDRV you get more hits and different lists. There was a thread going last fall about hiring a qualified inspector too. Trust me for a couple hundred to have somebody that knows what they are looking for to come in and pick it apart it would be worth it. I spent more than that in time and gas getting mine back and forth to a dealer trying to get things resolved.
    Also I suggest you don't sign any paper until you are satisfied.
    Great, I'll check from work tomorrow. Lol I'd rather prepare for our pickup then actually work. Lol

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gijake View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Reflection 260 RD and pick it up next week. This is my 1st 5th wheel and I am excited and scared. For a lot of you here I would be your worst nightmare camping neighbor. A newbie that doesn't know how to work on plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems - never mind parking. But I have a good attitude and am willing to learn.
    I think you and I would get along just fine as neighbors. We're picking up our new 5er in August. I've never towed anything even remotely this big so to say I'm a bit anxious is an understatement. I've no idea how to level or even the correct procedure for dumping the tanks. I won't even get started on inverters, converters, batteries or solar.
    I do know this though, most RVers are willing to help. Sometimes you just have to ask. I've learned tons from the fantastic people on this site right here and want to tip my hat to all of you.
    Jake' maybe somewhere down the road we'll find ourselves as neighbors. I'll be the guy with the confused look.
    Someday we may even find ourselves as the 'go to guys' for valuable information. Ya never know.
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/disc brakes, solar
    2019 F350 Lariat 4WD LB SRW Powerstroke, Carli PinTop suspension, Firestone airbags, Hensley BD5
    1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door Sport Coupe, (body off resto) original 216 Stovebolt (a whopping 95 hp)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast