User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oskur d - your post made me smile. Thanks for your words!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Gijake!

Lots of good info on here!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a Google search for “RV Essentials list Amazon” and start ordering lol. Also search YouTube for the same.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen tire pressure systems ranging from $50 to $300. Is there a reasonable system out there that anyone has experience with? My Amazon cart is already at $350 and I haven't picked the rig up - chairs, stabilizing pads, chocks, outdoor carpet, tire pressure gauge, emergency triangle, and a propane fire pit. Gonna add an entry level home tool kit today and maybe the tire pressure system.

Thanks for all the help and words of encouragement.

Our tow vehicle is a 2020 Chevy 2500 with the 6.6 diesel. The dealership is installing a B&W hitch. Was planning on retiring next year but now I have to pay for all of this!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake
    It could have been worse. You could have bought a boat. Now that's a money pit.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the 5th wheel. We also just got a GD Reflection 311BHS, our first 5th wheel. You will love towing a 5th wheel. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gijake View Post
    I have seen tire pressure systems ranging from $50 to $300. Is there a reasonable system out there that anyone has experience with? My Amazon cart is already at $350 and I haven't picked the rig up - chairs, stabilizing pads, chocks, outdoor carpet, tire pressure gauge, emergency triangle, and a propane fire pit. Gonna add an entry level home tool kit today and maybe the tire pressure system.

Thanks for all the help and words of encouragement.

Our tow vehicle is a 2020 Chevy 2500 with the 6.6 diesel. The dealership is installing a B&W hitch. Was planning on retiring next year but now I have to pay for all of this!!
    I went with the TST Tire sensor setup. I have a tire minder and another cheaper system I can't remember the name of, but both of these systems were not dependable.
    The TST seems to be 100% reliable.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Reflection 260 RD and pick it up next week. This is my 1st 5th wheel and I am excited and scared. For a lot of you here I would be your worst nightmare camping neighbor. A newbie that doesn't know how to work on plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems - never mind parking. But I have a good attitude and am willing to learn.
    We plan to buy a 260RD next year (it will also be our first RV/camper), and when I read the above paragraph I was sure it was written by a future version of myself!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Reflection 260 RD and pick it up next week. This is my 1st 5th wheel and I am excited and scared. For a lot of you here I would be your worst nightmare camping neighbor. A newbie that doesn't know how to work on plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems - never mind parking. But I have a good attitude and am willing to learn.

One of the reasons I picked GD was this forum. For the most part people here have experienced decent customer service from GD and that helped with my decision.

I purchased a back up camera and a mounted progressive surge protector. Could some of you help out with what to look for during delivery, a camping check list, and some suggested accessories? I will get some good chairs, maybe a outdoor mat, tools, but what else should I consider?

The RV comes with a started package and I will upgrade the hose.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
    Make sure all your outside lights work under the awnings. If you are fulltime then you will need some different sewer hose connections. A "Y" connecter is very useful if you have 2 gray tanks and 1 sewer drop. Also a couple of 15' to 20' sewer hoses. The 8' Hose that comes with the trailer get bayonet connections for that 1 makes it a universal hose. You will need the clear connectors at the sewer drop. So you can see when everything has run out. Found a clear 4" plastic adapter that fits between the threaded connector that screws into the sewer drop and 90° top piece. Why cause some places cement the sewer drop in and that 90° screw in won't work. Have to use a rubber type collar and a large rock to hold it in the sewer drop. Or get the clear 4" extension. Also water hose that is for drinking. Don't buy a 50' hose think about maybe (2) 25' or a 10' and a 25'. That way you don't have a pile of hose laying out. And if you need more hose just screw them together. With my Reflection camper have the spray clean feature in the black tank. So screwed in short piece of water hose into the black connector on the water panel and leave it connected .use a Y water connection at the hose bib with a pressure control device then the Y then a water filter if it will fit then hose to City water white hose connection on the panel running it under the trailer through the hole and into the panel allows you to lock door. The other side of the Y water connection I use one of those expanding hoses really lite weight and easy to carry. That hose I use for flushing out black water tank. I leave it hooked up to water spigot and laying on ground by the door. When flushing black water tank screw the short hose going to the black cap to that hose turn water on at the Y water connection let it spray for a few minutes open black tank valve and watch and make sure no leaks. No leaks empty tank (clear water) shut valve and let water run into black tank 1/4 to 1/3 full. No poopy in dry tank. Easier to clean out. Water weighs about 8 lbs per gallon 30 gallon tank 240 lbs × 3 tanks 720 lbs if all 3 are full. Fresh water tank needs to be full if boondocking if not only travel with about 5 gallons or no more then 1/3 full you want water to flush toilet and wash hands while on the road. I don't drink water from fresh water tank. Carry bottled water. Weight is a mileage killer and hard on brakes and suspension. If you don't need it don't carry it. I dump the kitchen sink tank before we leave it empty while on the road. I also dump the black tank about every 2 to 3 days with 2 people. I also dump fresh water tank every so often just to keep it fresh. I add a little bit of bleach to fresh water tank occasionally also. Electric connection with breaker off plug surge protector in THEN turn breaker on look to make sure you have PROPER electricity .Then turn off breaker and plug in electric cord to surge protector then turn breaker back on. If you don't have the correct power DO NOT PLUG CAMPER INTO POWER PEDESTAL. Could cause damage to camper, appliances, wiring. fire. I unplug everything in camper before disconnecting electric. The only thing I leave plugged in is the outside fridge i can't reach the plug. A design flaw or my arms are to short. After main electricity is established then I plug appliances in inside. Jack's that level your camper the shorter the better I use the Anderson buckets on the front Jack's use wood blocks on rear Jack's. I always have something between Jack's and ground dirt, rock, asphalt, concrete. Allows some give between Jack's and ground notice when hooking up my 5th wheel the movement when putting weight on truck.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The pdf in the link you provided seems to be broken. Is there another way yo get them? Or is it just my device that's acting up again?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    If you click or tap on the lttle piece showing it will start a download of the file. It looks odd on my end too but you can download the pdfs
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast