User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are installed correctly, it doesn't matter if it is in a slide or not.

Have to get the hot air one way or the other. Either with naturally rising heat out the roof vent or fans moving the air across the cooling unit and out the side vent.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our norcold in the slide works great. We were in PS this winter with temps getting to 100+ before we left. Solid ice in freezer and fridge was cold. We do have a 12v fan added to the outside compartment and turn it on when temps are over 90.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PEEWEE HENSON View Post
    Is anyone having problems/issues with their refrigerator in the slide out on reflecrion 150 230 rl 260rd and 295rl(?). How did you fix it? Thanks for the help
    1st trip out with our 230rl our fridge could not get below 40 deg. I took the following steps.... Disconnected the thermistor / temp sensor at the circuit board, Fridge drop into the 20's over night, proving the cooling unit is good... next added a fan to back of unit next to original fan.. small improvement high 30's... using some metal flashing made a better baffle to help airflow to the upper vent... Temp in mid 30's... lastly removed thermister from fins inside the fridge and duck taped it to the fridge wall.. Fridge droped to 30 deg over night... result hard ice cream & cold beer.... I suspect there are two issues with the fridges in the slide-out... 1st the natural flow of hot air rising is disrupted. 2nd I think the thermister inside the fridges are of poor quality.... I've only camped at temps in the low 90's with this camper, but the fridge did fine...
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    1st trip out with our 230rl our fridge could not get below 40 deg. I took the following steps.... Disconnected the thermistor / temp sensor at the circuit board, Fridge drop into the 20's over night, proving the cooling unit is good... next added a fan to back of unit next to original fan.. small improvement high 30's... using some metal flashing made a better baffle to help airflow to the upper vent... Temp in mid 30's... lastly removed thermister from fins inside the fridge and duck taped it to the fridge wall.. Fridge droped to 30 deg over night... result hard ice cream & cold beer.... I suspect there are two issues with the fridges in the slide-out... 1st the natural flow of hot air rising is disrupted. 2nd I think the thermister inside the fridges are of poor quality.... I've only camped at temps in the low 90's with this camper, but the fridge did fine...
    If changing the position of the thermistor can affect temp, should one first try this and of course raising the cold setting , before adding external fans or any other type of fridge mod? I don't have a problem yet, and my fridge isn't in a slide, but I'm thinking ahead.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisopy View Post
    If changing the position of the thermistor can affect temp, should one first try this and of course raising the cold setting , before adding external fans or any other type of fridge mod? I don't have a problem yet, and my fridge isn't in a slide, but I'm thinking ahead.
    Sure.. a fellow camper just slid the thermistor further up the fin... and got it got a couple of degrees cooler....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i havent noticed the thermister in my frig. is it in between the fins in the frig? Any chance someone can post a pic? is it easy to move without damaging.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    i havent noticed the thermister in my frig. is it in between the fins in the frig? Any chance someone can post a pic? is it easy to move without damaging.
    No pics but, inside the fridge, attached to cooling fins.. on the far right (for a dometic) on a plastic slide... should see a wire heading to back wall.. slide up for lower temp...
    Last edited by Big Blue; 05-25-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Blue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    No pics but, inside the fridge, attached to cooling fins.. on the far right (for a dometic) on a plastic slide... should see a wire heading to back wall.. slide up for lower temp...
    My Dometic has it attached to the ceiling of the fridge. Nothing is attached to the fins, so nothing is adjustable. I have the fridge set at the highest number setting (5) and it hardly gets below 40 in the fridge and 10 in the freezer. There is no separate setting available for the freezer. It’s more than frustrating, as it was just to the dealer for this issue. They replaced all fan mounts (one was broken another was cracked) and put better sealing around the top-most baffle. I’m at a loss as to how to cool this sucker down. Tonight I’ve pulled the thermistor out of it’s mount and wrapped a dry wash cloth around it to see if will cool any better with the thermistor somewhat insulated.
    Last edited by Richter; 05-25-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    My Dometic has it attached to the ceiling of the fridge. Nothing is attached to the fins, so nothing is adjustable. I have the fridge set at the highest number setting (5) and it hardly gets below 40 in the fridge and 10 in the freezer. There is no separate setting available for the freezer. It’s more than frustrating, as it was just to the dealer for this issue. They replaced all fan mounts (one was broken another was cracked) and put better sealing around the top-most baffle. I’m at a loss as to how to cool this sucker down. Tonight I’ve pulled the thermistor out of it’s mount and wrapped a dry wash cloth around it to see if will cool any better with the thermistor somewhat insulated.
    Outside remove the lower panel... on the circuit board unplug the wire to the thermister...if the fridge cools down overnight.. replace the thermister.. I would guess some tech attached the thermister to the ceiling rather than replace it.
    Last edited by Big Blue; 05-25-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast