User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator in slide out

Is anyone having problems/issues with their refrigerator in the slide out on reflecrion 150 230 rl 260rd and 295rl(?). How did you fix it? Thanks for the help

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PEEWEE HENSON View Post
    Is anyone having problems/issues with their refrigerator in the slide out on reflecrion 150 230 rl 260rd and 295rl(?). How did you fix it? Thanks for the help
    What sort of issues are you looking for? Not keeping cold. Not turning on? Propane not working? Door not closing? ???

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and i are in the market for a new 5th wheel. I'm finding in my research that owners of various manufacturers are having issues with temperature control, won't get cold, wont stay cold, temperature fluctuates, with the fridge when its in the slide out. Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and i are in the market for a new 5th wheel. I'm finding in my research that owners of various manufacturers are having issues with temperature control, won't get cold, wont stay cold, temperature fluctuates, with the fridge when its in the slide out. Thanks
    OK. Only issue we've had with fridge (it's in our slide out) was early on when, apparently, some grit clogged the orifice for the burner. My husband cleared it and we're good to go. No issues with not getting cold, not staying cold, or fluctuations.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. Travel safe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not expect the performance of your residential fridge. Our 12cf takes a good 12 hours to cool down. Most rv fridges struggle to keep up when outside temps are up in the higher 80's and beyond. To date all issues we have had with ours has been operator error.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took my rig to the dealer, yesterday, for a fan bracket replacement. While there, I spoke to the tech and told him that the freezer doesn’t stay cold enough. It often got up to 20 degrees during the heat of summer last year. We talked about the only sensor being in the fridge, and when it is cold enough, the whole unit shuts off. The freezer then warms up faster than the fridge, and that’s an issue. While he had it out to repair the fans, he did some poking around the freezer area.

He said that the upper baffle (metal, above the unit, not the wood one at the wall) wasn’t installed correctly. There was a small gap between it and the top of the freezer. He said that with that small gap, hot air was actually being forced over the top of the freezer and staying against the roof of the unit, which then warmed up the freezer much sooner than it should.

He said that he was able to bend the baffle so that it was in contact with the roof of the freezer, and that he had put some metal tape over the area, to ensure that it was fully sealed. He said that there should now be a smooth flow of air up behind the fridge and freezer and out the upper vent. I will be plugging it in tomorrow to see if it keeps things cooler.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started tracking the internal temps of the RV fridge in our first 5th wheel and it was an eye opener. Temps were much warmer during the day than I expected and varied widely throughout the day/night. I tried to compensate for these temp swings by manually adjusting the temps throughout the day but I was just chasing my tail. Because of this, we ordered our last two RV's with residential fridges. No more soft ice cream. No more 55 degree fridge section in the afternoon. No more leaking gaskets and ice build up. No more waiting overnight for the fridge to cool down prior to a trip. You can get an RV fridge to work - mostly. They just aren't plug and play like a residential fridge.

How often do you think about the temps in your fridge at home? In fact, how often do you even think about the fridge at home, period? They just work.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I'll have to see if a residential fridge is an option

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I'll have to see if a residential fridge is an option
    Just remember the major drawback of a residential fridge - they only run on 110 power. You either need to be connected to shore power/generator or use an inverter and batteries. They aren't a good choice if you boondock a lot. For travel days, we run our fridge on our inverter (Grand Design ships their residential fridge optioned RV's with inverters).
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast