User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may have found the source of the leak. I removed the latch strike plate and noticed that the sealing gasket was misaligned. I repositioned it and applied a copious amount of silicone where the plate would sit and reinstalled the strike plate. My guess... water would accumulate around the strike plate and leak at the back where the gasket was misaligned. There's about an 1/8 inch gap where the water would dip straight down onto the passthrough floor. Both sides had the same problem. Time will tell if I corrected the problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that works but it sounds like a small problem to cause a relatively large leak........water not generally being blown horizontal.....
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to find out. Suspenseful it is and I really do hope you found it.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a decent cloud burst. I'm so tired of the rain. 5 inches in the last week.
    Probably won't get a drop come July / August. Checked the passthrough. There's water pooling in the strike plate and the frame of the passthrough (where the strike plate is located). Inside is dry so far. Fingers crossed,!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    Just had a decent cloud burst. I'm so tired of the rain. 5 inches in the last week.
    Probably won't get a drop come July / August. Checked the passthrough. There's water pooling in the strike plate and the frame of the passthrough (where the strike plate is located). Inside is dry so far. Fingers crossed,!
    Fantastic, sounds like you solved the issue, and hopefully I don't jinx you (or myself). We too just had a huge rainfall, so here's hoping!

While you have the sealant out, I would honestly put some around the screw heads, if your screws are on the outside of the weather stripping. Like you said, water pools in the frame and you want to prevent all water from getting in. Just my 2¢.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Fantastic, sounds like you solved the issue, and hopefully I don't jinx you (or myself). We too just had a huge rainfall, so here's hoping!

While you have the sealant out, I would honestly put some around the screw heads, if your screws are on the outside of the weather stripping. Like you said, water pools in the frame and you want to prevent all water from getting in. Just my 2¢.
    SteveO... you should be very worried, you're thinking along the same lines as I am. The screw head filled about a 1/3 of the slot in the strike plate. There is gasket material taking up the space but I applied a thin coat of silicone over it and the scew head just to be safe. It's raining again. Good grief.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed mine by tweaking the metal edge that seal presses against.
    Metal flexes a lot will probably need tweaking again
    Tim

I'm getting a fairly significant amount of water in the pass through coming from both doors. I think the water is getting behind the plastic housing and then running onto the floor. I placed towels against the wall and both were heavily saturated after significant rainfall today.
    I'm thinking about removing the slam lock and applying sealant on the back of the gasket. My only concern is removing /replacing the rivets holding the back frame onto the door panel. Wondering if I can use small metal screws instead to refasten? Anyone have a similar experience and a solution?
    Problems already before my maiden trip.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get water pooling on the bottom inside edge of the cargo door frames, I added some weatherstripping at the top edge of the doors to prevent water accumulating on top of the door but it still didn't seem to help, and resorted to placing towels inside and wringing them out each time it rained. Suspect the opening has a bit too much gap overall, and the factory weatherstripping just gets crushed/distorted by the door so water is seeping in around edges. I'll try a combination of these two items:

Drip rail:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CJRGX5M/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Rubber seal:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00NL4DI2E/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Someone suggested elsewhere that the drip rail placed above the cargo opening and curving slightly over the corners would help route the water away. I'm a bit disappointed in this, never had an issue like it on our previous trailer and reports of this seem pretty common. Still really like the trailer and company, however.
    Mike & Kari Hutchison
    Victoria, BC
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the leak is fixed! DW said we had a heavy rain last night. Towels were bone dry.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the leak is fixed! DW said we had a heavy rain last night. Towels were bone dry.
    That's great to hear. Good job finding and fixing it.
    Jim T.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast