User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fascinating reading, would you post pictures of where the water was leaking through? I have the 2018 model and just changed my locks from the CH751 and am hoping to not have the same issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    I'm getting a fairly significant amount of water in the pass through coming from both doors. I think the water is getting behind the plastic housing and then running onto the floor. I placed towels against the wall and both were heavily saturated after significant rainfall today.
    I'm thinking about removing the slam lock and applying sealant on the back of the gasket. My only concern is removing /replacing the rivets holding the back frame onto the door panel. Wondering if I can use small metal screws instead to refasten? Anyone have a similar experience and a solution?
    Problems already before my maiden trip.
    I used black caulk around the lock housing perimeter. I also notice when I open the doors to the magnetic latch, water runs down from what would be the bottom of the door. I think it needs caulking where the black trim around the door actually meets the white panel. I think water gets behind the black trim at the bottom.
    Last edited by chrisopy; 06-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmjohnsnx2 View Post
    Fascinating reading, would you post pictures of where the water was leaking through? I have the 2018 model and just changed my locks from the CH751 and am hoping to not have the same issues.
    Just FYI - The original ask was about the 2020 model, which have the slam latch and lock design; whereas the 2018 design has the cam style lock and latches. Really, if your locks and latches have a gasket seal, or some form of caulking, you should be good there. Then it's a matter of making sure the outside frame is sealed to the fiberglass with a good quality outdoor caulking (avoid silicone in my opinion), and that the weather stripping is in good shape and making contact all around the door. I would also suggest that you check where the screws that are used to secure the door system to the trailer itself. Like I mentioned in this thread, I believe there was a point in time where the screws would be on the 'outside' of the weather stripping, and then when water pools on the sill it can seep through the screws, so put some sealant on those. On some other years, they had the screws behind the weather stripping.
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmjohnsnx2 View Post
    I can't post a pic... not a paid subscriber. Like SteveO said... I have the slam locks where your 2018 does not. I'm pretty sure I fixed the leak. Several downpours, one while traveling, not a drop of water in the passthrough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 2610ML - Shortly (weeks) after delivery I had a puddle of water on the flor on the right side. It was to the point of water dripping through the poly brrrier, Dealer "repaired' has no obvious water for past year. Cleaning the storage area I noticed the floor was sagging 1/2 inch plus in the middle. Traced wet area to below right storage door. Trim is wet, Took seal off and found what looks like a screw hole with no screw in it, It is behind and under the gasket. I have no doubt that water intrusion has gone on since ititial "fix". Now I have a couple options: 1. Plug the hole and attempt to dry it out. 2. Look into having the floor replaced, probably at my expense (still playing pass the buck) 3. Sell or trade it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123