User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 2670mk pass through leak, both sides

I'm getting a fairly significant amount of water in the pass through coming from both doors. I think the water is getting behind the plastic housing and then running onto the floor. I placed towels against the wall and both were heavily saturated after significant rainfall today.
    I'm thinking about removing the slam lock and applying sealant on the back of the gasket. My only concern is removing /replacing the rivets holding the back frame onto the door panel. Wondering if I can use small metal screws instead to refasten? Anyone have a similar experience and a solution?
    Problems already before my maiden trip.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My storage doors leaked too, and granted I don't have the newer style of doors, our problem was the weather stripping was not up to the job. An upgrade on that solved the problem. I have also read about leaks occuring through the screws used to secure the door. If you look on your doors, are the screws on the outside or the inside of the weather stripping? If on the outside, technically water can get at them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my unit sat on the lot for a year before I bought it. One issue I noticed during the PDI was the caulking around the top of the frame looked really thin and I made them add to it. Could your water being coming in there? There shouldn’t be any holes in your caulking there. The down spouts dump plenty of water right on those doors unfortunately.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another thought about how to troubleshoot where the water is coming in I wanted to share. You could crawl into the storage area and bring a flashlight with you. Then have someone, preferably someone you trust to let you out after :-) close and latch the door on you. The person on the outside can spray the door with a garden hose simulating rain, and you on the inside can look to see where the water is coming in. Let us know how things go!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a gasket issue to me but odd that it is happening to both doors. I do not get water when doors are closed but water drains from the doors when opened.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my DW spray the side of the trailer while I was inside the passthrough. Side note... not as flexible as I once was. She started at the top and made her way down. There was a small amount of water coming out from behind the slam lock.
    Before I suspected the slam lock, I thought it might be the gasket around the door so I inserted a 3/8 inch foam backer rod underneath the top and side portion of the gasket.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One may wonder why I don't take the trailer to the dealership to have warranty repairs made. Well... the dealership is 100 miles away and they may not service it for 3-4 weeks. I've already missed out on 4 weekend camping trips due to Covid-19. I need to go glamping... I'll figure it out. Your input is helpful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you had a small amount of water from the latch area which could very well be normal. Maybe the foam backer rod (great idea, by the way), corrected your problem.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    So you had a small amount of water from the latch area which could very well be normal. Maybe the foam backer rod (great idea, by the way), corrected your problem.
    Still leaked after I inserted the foam backer rod. I'm stumped. Spaying the door with a garden hose resulted in a small amount of water coming in through the back of the lock. Rained most of the day two days ago and leak was significant enough to totally saturate bath towels.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    Still leaked after I inserted the foam backer rod. I'm stumped. Spaying the door with a garden hose resulted in a small amount of water coming in through the back of the lock. Rained most of the day two days ago and leak was significant enough to totally saturate bath towels.
    Hmmm - odd. I'm assuming the plywood above the storage area (ie the 'ceiling' above the doors) is dry? Is the water is coming down the wall itself somehow from the trailer roof? If the roof was leaking I'd assume though there would be water in the bedroom, so the trailer roof is probably not the culprit. Are the screws that secure the cargo door frame to the trailer dry?

I would feel around just behind the inside wall of the cargo area, ie just inside the frame to see if that is wet too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast