User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2400bh Purchase - is this fair price?

We are looking at purchasing a 2400bh and negotiating with the dealer. There are none in stock, so we will have to wait probably about six weeks to get it. This is the standard U shape dinette, which is what we want.

The offer:

MSRP 36,021
    Adjust price 28,910.
    Out the door price with all fees is 30,600
    We are a cash deal, no financing.
    I should say we are in the Midwest.

Adjusted price includes hitch and backup camera (we negotiated this).

We are open to negotiation suggestions!!

This is our first Grand Design, having owned other brands in the past. Do you feel this is a good deal? Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mcfamily83; 05-19-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid right at $28k for mine a few weeks ago but I purchased the hitch separately (Equalizer) and I didn’t get the backup cam. I would say your deal sounds reasonable. I’ve seen and even missed out on one offered to me at $25k but it was 6 hours away from me in Tucson. If the dealership seems good and you’re comfortable with it, go for it.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $27,300 for my 2021 (out the door, MN sales tax), without hitch or camera. But my MSRP pricing was $34,800. So your deal seems reasonable.
    Last edited by The_Duke; 05-20-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our out the door price on a 2020 was around $25.5K about a month ago. Had a hitch included, but not a super nice one (EAZ, it works, but I will probably upgrade if we start going longer distances). We have theater seating as well, and it's a mid-year 2020.5, so comparable to a 2021 with the larger fridge. The $25K included taxes for PA. Price without taxes but with fees was under $24K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: We opted to take the offered deal. It's nice to know that others are getting similar prices. It was a little more than we wanted, but also we knew it was a 2021 and there was room for less negotiations as it has not even been made. Thank you all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope anyone who is looking to buy a new 2400bh reads this thread. You can save a boat load of money. I was loooking at a 2020 2400bh and made an offer of 27000 on a 37300 MSRP at my local dealer. They ended up trying to get another 375 bucks out of me and I walked. I then called a dealer about two hours from me. They were more than happy to order a 2021(they didnt have any in stock) at the 27000. I then called a dealer almost four hours from me, they offered to beat the price by 500 dollar so 26500. I kindly declined and stated I would stay in my home state for and 500 wasnt enough. They called me back within five minutes and offer it up for 24400. Thats almost 38% off MSRP. I couldnt get my credit card out fast enough. Do your research, negotiate and dont back down and you will get a great price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh if forgot to mention, MSRP was 37500 or so. Mine has the couch not the dinette so its a bit higher MSRP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is usually no reason you should not be able to get 30% off the GD MSRP. Don’t let them make up their own MSRP.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbeaupre View Post
    I hope anyone who is looking to buy a new 2400bh reads this thread. You can save a boat load of money. I was loooking at a 2020 2400bh and made an offer of 27000 on a 37300 MSRP at my local dealer. They ended up trying to get another 375 bucks out of me and I walked. I then called a dealer about two hours from me. They were more than happy to order a 2021(they didnt have any in stock) at the 27000. I then called a dealer almost four hours from me, they offered to beat the price by 500 dollar so 26500. I kindly declined and stated I would stay in my home state for and 500 wasnt enough. They called me back within five minutes and offer it up for 24400. Thats almost 38% off MSRP. I couldnt get my credit card out fast enough. Do your research, negotiate and dont back down and you will get a great price.
    Do you mind sharing what part of the country you're in? I'd like to look up some of those dealers. We're looking for a 2400BH and we're willing to travel farther for a good deal like yours!