User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You Guys Are Going To Love This

So, I had posted earlier somewhere that one of the few things wrong with my new 337 was that the remote for the fireplace did not work. I tried changing the angle, as recommended here, I tried new batteries all to no avail. The dealer tried all of the above on delivery to no avail. They were stumped but said they would order me a new remote.

Fast forward to today. Sitting on the picnic table on a beautiful sunny southern California morning with the waves lapping behind me and I decide to get out my "Grand Design manual pouch" again to look through it. I come across a plastic envelope with the manual for the Greystone fireplace. Okay, hmm, I think I will read through it. In the envelope is a small remote control. Huh? WTF, they were using the wrong remote control the whole time to turn on the fireplace. I take this remote into the trailer and bada bing! it works!! So, now I take a look at the "BAD" remote and it has temp settings and stuff on it and I say to myself, what the heck is this one for? I start playing with buttons and for no particular reason I look up the stairs and I see the furnace controller going on and off!

The supposed bad fireplace remote is actually a fully functioning furnace controller! OMG, I can't wait to contact my dealer and tell him that his walk through guy has his head up his butt.

Anyway, I'm a happy camper but just though it was funny how screwed up my delivery was and wanted to share my story
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many RV dealers handle several lines, and the detail/cleanup guy is used for PDI. They get a whole day to learn all the models on the lot, just saying
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how the "obvious answer" isn't obvious until you stumble upon it. Good story .
    The problem with the furnace remote is that it is line-of-sight . . . So probably works great from the picnic table outside !
    Just not so great from the couch or the bed . . . Which would be a little more convenient.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    It's amazing how the "obvious answer" isn't obvious until you stumble upon it. Good story .
    The problem with the furnace remote is that it is line-of-sight . . . So probably works great from the picnic table outside !
    Just not so great from the couch or the bed . . . Which would be a little more convenient.
    Why it can’t be used off of a smart phone is beyond me. a $10, (at cost), bluetooth adapter and 1-4 hours of programing an App would fix that, and several others products, (i.e awing, lights, water pump, hot water, etc, etc. etc.).

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mburtsvt View Post
    Why it can’t be used off of a smart phone is beyond me. a $10, (at cost), bluetooth adapter and 1-4 hours of programing an App would fix that, and several others products, (i.e awing, lights, water pump, hot water, etc, etc. etc.).
    Its not as easy as that, or it would be done already.

Several mfgs are looking into apps to control things, but they are much more involved than what you are thinking.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

funinthesnow
    That is too funny! We found our remote for the heater the last time we were out. The guy who did our walk through did not even tell us about it. We were like, "what is this remote for?" We pushed the button and on came the furnace. Pretty cool stuff.