User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    LMAO..... I roared so much when I saw that I had to explain it all to my wife! Thanks for making my day, Jeff!!!!
    You're welcome! We all need a good laugh around here sometimes!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YooperRus View Post
    Mark, I have been following this thread and trying to decide about the backup camera and TPMS set up I will install in my forthcoming setup, which will be very similar to yours (2020 F-350, diesel, SRW, short box/310GK/PullRite Superglide). You folks have been very helpful. While I continue my research, I am curious if you made any enhancements to your F-350 suspension and if so, do you have any regrets? Would you do anything differently to enhance your ride both while towing and when not. Thanks, Mark.
    Hi, sorry for the delay, just seeing this now.

We haven't done anything to the suspension. Regrets? I regret that I didn't buy an F-450 with a lower axle ratio, dual rear wheels, and stronger-everything underneath.

My complaints regarding suspension include porpoising and bucking - sometimes quite violent - over bad bridge transitions and very rough roads and a noticeable nudging - not quite scary but unnerving - in fast curves and some turns as the trailer resists the change in direction.

A few people here have reported that air bags help a lot, but I haven't gone there.

Sorry I can't offer more.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

We haven't done anything to the suspension. Regrets? I regret that I didn't buy an F-450 with a lower axle ratio, dual rear wheels, and stronger-everything underneath.

My complaints regarding suspension include porpoising and bucking - sometimes quite violent - over bad bridge transitions and very rough roads and a noticeable nudging - not quite scary but unnerving - in fast curves and some turns as the trailer resists the change in direction.

A few people here have reported that air bags help a lot, but I haven't gone there.

fwiw..... I have the same set up too. I did put air bags on. Sometimes I can't tell that they make a difference, sometimes I can. At most I only run 30 psi max and anything higher doesn't seem to change anything but make it feel like my rear sways a bit. The air bags and a MorRyde pin box helped a ton over that RotoFlex hitch.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

That’s OK, Mark. By the way, I recently spoke to the engineering department at MORryde who have developed in recent years their RS (rubber suspension) suspension enhancement system for HD trucks. It is similar in concept, but a much more extensive spring shackle enhancement than Sulastic rubber spring shackles. I was told that this system more significantly improves the stiff and choppy unloaded ride typical of HD trucks, primarily because MORryde uses a great deal more rubber while offering more dynamic axel travel. I then sought an independent opinion, this time speaking to the people at Michigan Truck Spring and they informed me that the addition of Timbrens to the MORryde shackles would provide load leveling and anti-sway support while towing. These two systems, I am told, would work together to enhance and stabilize both the loaded and unloaded ride in a HD truck without the need for airbags. I wonder if anyone has employed these two systems in tandem, as is advanced here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YooperRus,
    You might want to investigate Torklift. They make devices that preload either your lower overload spring or your upper overload spring (or both) to eliminate the sag and (according to them) improve the ride while eliminating any side to side motion. There are lots of U-Tube videos and on line reviews about this.

I've been thinking of how to pre-load the springs and use less air bag but as it is now, with my rig loaded on the truck the top overload springs are hardly engaged. And my sag is only a bit more than 2". So I really don't need much air bag to bring the truck to level (as little as 15 lbs actually does it). Other folks may have more or less; I think when we hear from @boyscout we'll find he has more pin weight than me (mine at last measurement was 2,740 lbs which seems a bit light to me - gonna check that again in Oct).

Quote Originally Posted by YooperRus View Post
    That’s OK, Mark. By the way, I recently spoke to the engineering department at MORryde who have developed in recent years their RS (rubber suspension) suspension enhancement system for HD trucks. It is similar in concept, but a much more extensive spring shackle enhancement than Sulastic rubber spring shackles. I was told that this system more significantly improves the stiff and choppy unloaded ride typical of HD trucks, primarily because MORryde uses a great deal more rubber while offering more dynamic axel travel. I then sought an independent opinion, this time speaking to the people at Michigan Truck Spring and they informed me that the addition of Timbrens to the MORryde shackles would provide load leveling and anti-sway support while towing. These two systems, I am told, would work together to enhance and stabilize both the loaded and unloaded ride in a HD truck without the need for airbags. I wonder if anyone has employed these two systems in tandem, as is advanced here.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking of how to pre-load the springs and use less air bag but as it is now, with my rig loaded on the truck the top overload springs are hardly engaged. And my sag is only a bit more than 2". So I really don't need much air bag to bring the truck to level (as little as 15 lbs actually does it). Other folks may have more or less; I think when we hear from @boyscout we'll find he has more pin weight than me (mine at last measurement was 2,740 lbs which seems a bit light to me - gonna check that again in Oct).
    I [blush] don't know what my pin weight is. We have 250 pounds of batteries in the front compartment, but otherwise load the trailer more lightly than some seem to do - I'm certain that we are more than 1,000 pounds under our GVWR. However we do have something to compare: our truck too is just touching the helper springs when hooked.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YooperRus,
    You might want to investigate Torklift. They make devices that preload either your lower overload spring or your upper overload spring (or both) to eliminate the sag and (according to them) improve the ride while eliminating any side to side motion. There are lots of U-Tube videos and on line reviews about this.

Going to talk to Torklift. After reviewing their website, it appears these units do a good job of stabilizing a loaded tow rig, but will not impact the unloaded ride in any way. My goal is twofold: soften the unloaded ride while stabilizing while towing. Will be interested in what they say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123