User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Plastic hanger latch that hangs down for front basement door crashed into my forehead and broke.
    I reversed mine so the latch hangs from the door now rather than the underside of the overhang.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I reversed mine so the latch hangs from the door now rather than the underside of the overhang.
    That's a great idea. I am going to steal the one that holds the front door open because I never use that. When I do I will reverse them.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keko617 View Post
    Hi.. Where can an independent RV inspector be found..... Keko
    If you use the search function and type rv inspector in the search box above you'll find previous discussions. A few links to threads are listed below.
    There is an actual RV Training Academy that educates and certifies persons in what to look for. Keep in mind certificate is a means to open the door. Experience and time around RVs and campers are the next criteria. I'm not affiliated, just mentioning it as a place to start. I recommend it especially if new or inexperienced. It would have saved me from a long litany of faults and defects paying dividends in time and expense not traveling back and forth to a dealer and time lost being without.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...150#post314150
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...351#post141351
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 10-31-2020 at 04:54 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the site sponsors. Every RV will have issues at some point, yes, even directly off the line. I have a 2150 Imagine and after less than 10 trips my black and grey dump valves are stuck shut, my battery won’t charge and I too have an awning leak at the seam between camper and awning. Frustrating, but all fixable. I plan to reach out to GD now that I’m back home. The individuals calling you a “troll” are to be ignored! Most of us on this forum are decent and respectful individuals trying to help one another. Hope this helps to keep you around as it seems you have a lot to offer the community 😁
    Happy Trails,
    Kathy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have a good one. Picked up our 2021 Imagine 2970RL July 31, 2020. (Manufactured June 2020) We have been on many trips over the 1 year to include completion of a 3 week 3,838 mile trip this past Sunday. Three weeks prior to that a 2-1/2 week 2,700 mile trip. To date ZERO problems and ZERO repairs. Except the propane regulator which has been replaced. We had 2 very minor items resolved during our PDI at the dealer.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Some of the guys here are pure fanboys and can’t handle it when someone posts something negative about Grand Design.
    Ignore them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    great response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After doing a great deal of research, we decided to purchase a Grand Design travel trailer based upon their reputation for quality. We ordered an Imagine XLS 17 MKE in April of 2021 and took delivery on July 30 2021. We have been disappointed ever since. Unfortunately, we now know that their reputation for high quality is FALSE and UNDESERVED. They may have been good at some point, but right now they are cranking out crap. Their quality is an absolute joke!!
    Here are just a few of the issues we have found so far that somehow got past their special PDI (pre-delivery inspection) that they like to talk so much about…
    -Water leak that sprayed water all over the chaos of wires and connectors that were just lying on the floor beneath the leaking hose in the same area as water pump and water heater. What kind of geniuses combine plumbing and electric in the same spot with zero protection for the electric? Ever heard of a wiring harness or loom! This leak soaked all the way through the floor of camper and leaked out the bottom so the integrity of that is now suspect. The rusty screw laying on the floor below the hose indicates that this leak has been there since delivery. The screw probably belongs in the bottom of the vertical 1x1 piece of wood next to it that doesn’t have any anchor in the bottom…
    -Every exterior light and the 30 Amp electrical connection on the outside of camper all leak and take on water in the rain. That’s a 100% failure rate!
    -The interior trim of the dinette slide out rubs on the couch every time the slide moves.
    -The hardware for the door catch on the outside is mounted 1.5” too far to the right, making it useless unless they remount and drill 4 new holes in the side of a brand new camper.
    - Drawer slide hardware detached and was pinching electric wire with sharp metal edge.
    -The vast majority of cabinet doors are out of alignment and rubbing. Mounting screws are stripped into the wood. Adjusting screws have stripped heads.
    -Wobbly drawers with splintered wood joints that are just waiting to fall apart.
    -Glue stains on couch cushion.
    I have contacted our dealer about these and other issues and they have been responsive, but they are backed up like everyone else and haven’t had time to fix it all. They got it in to fix the water leak but most of the other issues are waiting on parts from Grand Design, and time for the dealer to fix. In the meantime, I have had to fix several of the items myself just so that we can use the thing. Maybe I’ll send an invoice for my time and materials to Grand Design!
    Very disappointing quality on a very expensive trailer! I would not recommend Grand Design to anyone.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like many if not all of these defects would of been easily caught during a pre delivery inspection by the buyer.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Seems like many if not all of these defects would of been easily caught during a pre delivery inspection by the buyer.
    Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at a GD Reflection or Solitude S-Class. I have heard nothing but good about GD but since GD got bought out by Winnebago I have a HUGE question mark on their business plan forward. In addition to COVID and lack of qualified workers and qualified workers jumping ship for more money I am struggling with what I am hearing on the NEW models of GD. I use to own a Country Coach diesel pusher back in the 2000's. CC was like GD and it was a private held company. Like GD, It was the best you could buy with attention to quality control and detail. Then CC got bought out by National and long story it went down hill. Eventually going bankrupt. So whenever a private RV manufacture gets bought out by a big boy it makes me wonder how long before it turns to crap.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast