User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    So the Dealership should have done the initial inspection and subsequent roof inspections as many as 3 times. That doesn't appear to have been done, at least not with a detailed orientation and any follow-up. Recommend you do not let the Sales Lady put this off on GD.
    Well......I can tell you that a new unit coming onto the lot does not get a full PDI immediately.

They are checked for driver's damage from the shipping company and looked over for any major damage. (Part of my job, I inspect every unit that delivers to our lot unless I am off that day) Any major issues will be denied under warranty down the road if not listed on the Unit check in sheet. After that, they sit and wait to be bought unless Service has time to try to catch up on stock units. The actual full PDI is done when the unit is purchased and then signed off on the Warranty Registration. The tech has to fill out the GD sheet in order to activate warranty.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned a 2017 Imagine 2950RL, a 2018 Reflection 28BH fifth wheel, and now the 2019 Solitude 375 RES and I've found all three to be very well put together trailers. Why so many in 3 years? I made the classic mistake of not buying my last RV first, same with the trucks to tow them. The Imagine had one broken 120v electrical outlet in the 15 months I had it, that's it. The Reflection had zero issues in the year I had it and the Solitude has had a couple of very minor issues and one bigger issue. The king bed slide rollers were marking up the floor. GD already new about the problem and quickly sent the kit to move the rollers to the floor instead of mounted to the bed bottom, problem solved. No manufacturer is perfect, 39 years in the automotive field I can vouch for that. I will say my experience with their customer service has been second to none though, they are great! A good dealer also helps with that as well and I have a great one. All RV's are going to have some problems, think how your house would react to being dragged down the highway at 65 lol. It's how they take care of the problems that makes the difference.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 05-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like more satisfied than unsatisfied so far, I like reading that because an upgrade is still not off the shelf for us. If we find the right one even if it's on the lot and in good shape we still may bite.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a 2020.5 311BHS that was shipped direct from factory originally to the Columbus dealer, then routed to Lexington dealer you visited before it hit the lot.
    After about 1 month of use, I started to notice the exact same separation issues in the rear corners. Since winter was coming, I just did a quick tape over as I planned to eternabond seal over it anyway. This spring when I opened it up, the front cap had the same poor finishing / cracks starting in the corners. I made a youtube video showing the issue and repairs I took.
    Having spent decades working in automotive, many of these build aspects are highly variable on how well a TM is trained and how well & frequently their compliance to that training is confirmed. Because those corners wrap around to the visible side of the RV, they seem to not lay the lap sealant on as thick and I suspect they want to avoid any material runs down the side.
    I think it's a weak point that should be a focus area for inspecting as the roof goes through heat and cold cycles.

As for build quality, I had a 2019 Imagine (1st trailer) that definitely confirmed my love for camping, but also showed that we needed more space for a larger family to do longer trips. That trailer had a roof separation issue (Rubber pulled away from front cap in a 3 ft bubble). I know issues happen and based on how Grand Design warrantied the issue and stood by the product, I felt confident buying another from the brand. So far, besides the roof x sealant issue listed above, my only other issue has been some decal separation at the tire fenders. Not a big enough concern for me to waste time getting it repaired.

No brand has perfect quality and mistakes get through, but in general, from my experience they've owned up to issues and made it right (even though that can be hassle).
    Gus & Em
    2020.5 311BHS *Now w/ Disc Brakes from Stopyourtrailer.com
    2013 F250 6.7L Long Bed (200k+ and strong) w/ 5k airbag system

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a 2020 273MK last August. After thorough inspection I was pleased with the condition the trailer was delivered with. Either it was well checked out at the factory or the dealer repaired everything after it got to them. So far I've not had any issues with the trailer.

As far as GD, I feel they are as good, if not better than most manufacturers. Sadly, all trailers nowadays are poorly made compared 10 years ago. "Lighter" to enable trailers to be pulled with small vehicles has been part of the downfall. Manufacturers obviously trying to turn out more units, with employees that are marginal at best seems to contribute to the issues.

However, my main complaint is how cheap the components are. Everything is plastic. Flimsy plastic at that. The quality of the plumbing fixtures, sinks, cabinets, toilet, exterior trim and many other items or poor at best. All in the name of cutting manufacturing costs and justified by making 50 ft trailers that can be pulled by a half ton. Some day the buying public will realize the injustice of these trailers they are buying and financing for 25 years.

With that rant, I will say I would buy another GD product as it is better than the majority of most other brands. I have experienced a couple of issues that required contacting GD customer service, and I had very good results.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Picked up our Momentum 351M on May 5. I don't see any issue where quality is diminishing. There are a couple of minor blemishes, one with small section of the wallpaper and one exterior decal. Other than than, fit and finish is great. Granted, I haven't had time to peak behind the basement walls (yes I know what to expect), but on the surface level, no complaints.
    So, then why haven't you changed your signature yet, Curtis? Huh? Explain that one, will you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    So, then why haven't you changed your signature yet, Curtis? Huh? Explain that one, will you.

Rob
    Thanks other Rob. I changed it last week at the same time I changed my signature somewhere else. I guess it didn't stick here.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well poop. I fixed it before posting and it still shows the same. I guess they don't like signature changes here.

Edit: Found the problem.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2018 reflection 303 and now have a 2020 reflection 367. I be leave the dealer prep has a bunch to do with the way a unit will appear when delivered. I bought both units from the same dealer and while i had some problems with the 303 it was not bad.

I picked up the 367 this past January and i would say so far the build quality looks to be better (or is it the fact the dealer did a better job). The 303 was bought during a busy time and the 367 was a slow time. On the 303 PDI i found a bunch of things i did not like and while it took some time to get it all straightened out the dealer did just OK. I did have the axle leaking problem and that made me very unhappy. It was repaired yet i think the problem may have been back when i traded it in. I am now not a fan of LCI axles.

The PDI on the 367 went much better. I found a couple of small things yet very small and the dealer fixed it right up. The unit looked to be put together better then i have seen in a some time. I was looking for a mid bunk for about 1 year so i looked at about all i could find regardless of the manufacture. Now i have not been able to use the new one much, just driveway camping, and i did have a problem with one of the slide motors that the dealer took care of. I will be taking it out on a real trip next weekend and looking forward to it.

So bottom line is from 2018 to 2020 in the reflection line i think the qualty is still there and the new one has some niceties that the 2018 did not have.
    Dave Z
    Troy Missouri
    2020 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone reading this in anticipation of buying a new RV needs to realize GD is no different than any other manufacturer. I had a FR Rockwood before my GD purchase, it had far fewer problems and the problems I had were fixed under warranty with no problem. GD has fixed all the problems with the exception of the awning labor, I'm still waiting to see what happens. The state of the RV Industry as a whole is a joke, RV's are slapped together as fast as possible by employees paid "piece work". Any problems requiring multiple trips back to the Dealer become the responsibility (read headache) of the purchaser. What GD does is 1) Build a nice looking interior and 2) Have some nice floor plans. I still don't get how after GD's own PDI you get an entrance door that won't close properly, an interior door with cracked trim and jamb that doesn't close properly because the opening is not plumb and recliners that are not secured to the floor just to name three issues. I've had many trips to the dealer costing hours of my time and hundreds of dollars. Below is a list of minor and major problems, the awning issue is not GD's fault, although I've not made any measurements. Buying an RV is a roll of the dice, you may have 3 issues or 20.

Grand Design 2019 312 BHTS Problems

Entry door hard to close and stay latched, this is serious as the door can pop open.
    “Equalizer” in center of leaf springs has 2 fittings that can’t be greased.
    Bathroom sink small dent in front.
    3 skirting braces not attached due to broken screws.
    2 broken screws in slide out trim.
    Outside kitchen “door” wouldn’t lock and lock damaged drawer.
    Side lip edges of stove extending above counter top.
    Finger pulls on both pocket doors fell out.
    Latch on drop down bunk needed repair.
    Sewer cap cracked and leaked.
    Fresh water drain valve leaked.
    Hot water heater exterior door not closing properly.
    Shower enclosure wall at bottom not secured properly and bulging.
    Shower enclosure walls not adhering to bathroom walls causing bulging gaps to form at top.
    Master bedroom door not installed properly due to one wall out of plumb both ways and trim/ jamb cracked. Dealer replaced jamb and trim, I corrected the install so door would close right.
    Most shades are too short and deforming the creases at top when opening.
    Shower bottom "curb" framing is crooked.
    Ceiling trim in bunkroom is loose.
    Frame rusted at delivery, welds and surface rust.
    Living room slide floor carpet (upper piece) was installed crooked, 1 ½ inches difference front to back.
    Awning material retracts off center "bending" moving part of frame to rear.
    Exterior of roof covering is molding at underlayment joints.
    Light above docking station stopped working.
    Living room slide noisy due to not being lubricated.
    Shower door track at bottom corner not caulked properly causing leak.
    Gas leak at tanks has leaked all gas.
    Recliners (2 connected) move and contact wall in rear, secured by one small piece of metal bent over 1 side frame of 1 recliner and screwed to floor.
    Refrigerator leaking water out of bottom vent.
    Plywood at back of refrigerator vibrating intermittently.
    Water leaking between gutter and roof in a couple of areas allowing water to run down sidewalls, one directly over a window.
    Roof caulking and silicone caulking already need maintenance, RV is one year old.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast