Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water transfer pump

Quote Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
    Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel

Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.
    Go buy a Honda 1” water pump $419.00, worth every penny. (Or similar, but I’m a big Honda fan) I mostly dry camp for long periods of time. This pump is great. Fills a 55 gallon barrel in about 6 minutes from a spring and loads to the coach in a bit more time because of the pressure reducer. Pump is about the size of a bowling ball and I think listed at around 13lb.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 70 gallon tank in my truck for dry camping (that part doesn't apply to everyone but the rest might.) I have a demand pump on the tank (same as the one in the RV... Just plugs into the 7 way trailer connector for power. I used to transfer to the RV tank through the city water connection until I realized that I could just use that pump directly to fixtures and I don't have to pump it twice. Lots of options to use that kind of setup and the added benefit of always having a spare pump for the RV if it decides to go poof!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123