User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyandJoe View Post
    We did the turning around of the screen to hold in the check valve today, and it worked amazingly fast with no problems.
    I’m concerned that after doing that a few times that little screen is gong to be destroyed through wear and tear. It’s not easy to take out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this tip. It literally saved us today. We have plenty of fresh water in collection tanks but not in the rv and we were at 1 light this morning. Used this method and had it filled in thirty minutes maybe. We had to siphon from our big collection tank to 5 gallon buckets at a time. Well worth the time and exercise.....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd look at putting a fitting on the fresh water drain line and letting your barrel gravity feed the tank. The downside is that it'll be a slow process.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I'd look at putting a fitting on the fresh water drain line and letting your barrel gravity feed the tank. The downside is that it'll be a slow process.
    I’m looking at drilling out the check valve, carefully to avoid damaging the washer, and installing a manual garden hose type valve. That’s what should have been there in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I use a $30 pump from HF and a couple of weeks p foot water hoses to pump water from a 60 gallon water bladder in the bed of my truck to the fresh tank when we’re boondocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used the transfer pump for the first time yesterday, but as mentioned earlier it was not powerful enough to overcome the check valve. I did not attempt to turn the screen around. I did switch the nautilus settings to sanitize (which was the original problem as it did not siphon well alone). But when working with the transfer pump, it pulled 15 gallons in just a couple minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, turn the screen around . . . buy a handful to carry if you're worried about ruining one.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
    Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel

Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.
    Howdy. We originally had the same issue. We have a 40 gallon water cart I built 30 years ago with a bilge pump to pump the water into our previous RV's that did not have a Nautilus system. When we got our 2016 Solitude in 2017 and I realized that I could suck the water into the tank it took forever as does yours. Climbing into the basement and removing the wall where the Nautilus is, I found that one of the fittings for one of the valves had originally been cross-threaded and had popped out of the valve allowing it to suck air instead of water. I dressed the threads and reassembled the fitting after which is worked normally. The very next summer I had the same problem. Whatever water did get sucked into the tank was full of air. Removing the wall again proved that the same fitting had fallen apart again. A new valve with the fittings already attached is in stock at General RV for $120.00 !!! That's just ridiculous for 2.5 ounces of ABS molded into a valve. On the Forums I found the original manufacturer and called them. They did not have parts in stock, but even if they did they totaled the same as General RV + shipping.

My solution was to make a strap out of hose clamps that holds the fitting in place so it cannot pop out again. Its been 3 summer now with no issues... I'll bet you find something similar...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solution I used

Quote Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
    Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel

Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.
    I used a 110 v pump I bought at hardware and pumped it up a hill it worked pretty good

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to use a collapsible water bladder, such as Ivy's (check on Amazon) and gravity if you can get close enough and are high enough. If not, a 12V pump will aid the process.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast