User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ‘21 Imagine XLS 24MPR owner

Just checking in with my details. I’m a first timer having just purchased a ‘21 Imagine XLS 24MPR. Towing with a 2017 F-350 diesel and Blue Ox sway pro hitch. Looking forward to seeing if there are any other MPR owners out there?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to look up your camper... I had no idea, it’s like a transformer! Lol. Yours are the first one I seen on here. Happy Travels!

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it’s probably not a model that appeals to the masses, but it checked a lot of boxes for me. I wanted to stay small to get into the state parks but really wanted a separate garage for bicycles and a motorcycle. This one fit into the budget.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB02 View Post
    Yeah, it’s probably not a model that appeals to the masses, but it checked a lot of boxes for me. I wanted to stay small to get into the state parks but really wanted a separate garage for bicycles and a motorcycle. This one fit into the budget.
    I wonder why GD is marketing this as an Imagine and not a Momentum like every other toy hauler they make.
    So strange! I didn’t even know this existed!
    My wife and I have thought about changing over to a toyhauler but since we have no interest in buying an Imagine I only looked at the Momentum line.
    I like the fact that it has a separate garage (which would be mandatory for us) but it’s still just 30 feet long and weighs about the same as our fifth wheel.
    The Murphy bed is a good idea.
    It’s a great setup for a weekender!
    Just not enough living space for us full timers.
    The one I found online has 14 solar panels on the roof. I’m guessing yours didn’t come with such a setup?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	26680

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’m not sure why unless it just didn’t make the cut for them to consider it “Momentum” quality with the materials/equipment they chose for the build. That is quite the solar set up on the trailer you found! Mine only came with the solar prep for a portable panel. It is a bit small for full time living but that’s all subjective. So far it’s the perfect full time bachelor pad for me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought the 2021 GD Imagine xls 24mpr also. First time out this past weekend. Boy that Murphy bed is terrible. Did find a youtube video how to correct the issue. Will be doing it this week. Otherwise this layout is what we were looking for. A closed garage with sliding glass door and no claustrophobic box bedroom. Loving it. Cant wait to see what 1500lbs of motorcycles sitting behind the axles are going to do to my tongue weight.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your purchase! What issue are you having with the Murphy Bed? I know the bed is pretty short and the mattress definitely isn't plush. I'm 5'9" 155lbs and have been sleeping in tents and on terrible mattresses provided by the military. So far the bed is working for me, but a mattress upgrade would be nice. It already has a pretty good divot in the mattress where I sleep. I'm carrying a BMW F800GS, two bicycles and some other gear in my garage. I haven't weighed the tongue, but it pulls well. I use a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch and still get some occasional sway from the big rigs, but nothing scary. As far as the trailer I have had a few issues. My first refrigerator wouldn't get cold. The dealer couldn't diagnose what was going on so they replaced it with a new unit. Then I was on a trip and when I arrived at the campground the refrigerator panel was dead, no lights whatsoever. I poked around with the multimeter and found the thermistor had gone bad. I replaced it and it still wouldn't power up. I waited a week for a service appointment and the mechanic took about two minutes to get it running again. I'm still not sure why the thermistor failed, but the biggest issue was that nobody told me to "push and hold" the power button. I had turned the refrigerator on and off multiple times before without issue, but for some reason holding the power button for a couple seconds makes all the difference. I'm not sure if you've tried to hang your bunk beds on the wall yet, but the brackets that hold the sleeping platforms were spaced too far apart on mine for the locking pins to engage. A minor fix but frustrating to have to put four more holes in the wall because it wasn't done correctly the first time. I also have a leak in my slide that only occurs when the slide is stowed. I just spent a week at a repair facility, but I didn't feel like they were any closer to resolving the issue so I left and asked my father for some assistance. We're pretty sure the water was getting passed the bulb seal and then running along the wiper seal into the RV. We ran some weather stripping along the length of the bulb seal and it seemed to have stopped all the water when we poured a bucket over it. I'm waiting for a good rain storm before we declare success, but so far so good. Hopefully your unit is trouble free. My advice is to use it as much as you can while near your dealership. Getting service done while on the road is a huge pain right now. You can hardly get anyone to look at your RV within a month because they are so busy. I was pretty disappointed in the assistance I received from the Grand Design Customer Service folks as well when I explained to them that I had water streaming into my unit. Outside of telling me what tools are available on their website they didn't help at all. I was left to call multiple locations to see if anyone could look at it within a month. I found one place and as I previously mentioned they weren't making much progress identifying the cause partly due to how busy they were. Even with all these issues I'm still loving the opportunity to travel with all my toys and enjoy every recreational activity each location offers. Happy Trails!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW. We had a refrigerator issue also. Wife figured out about the holding button in for 5 seconds but unit never got really cold. This gentleman on the video is also on facebook GD pages and is very helpful.
    https://youtu.be/v_AnmQ7bi_I
    We have another weekend planned in a few weeks. I hope to have bed corrected and ill give the fridge another try. Sounds like you have the earlier 2021 with the bunks that you have to put together. Web site updated recently to show the newer bunks which are just fold off wall. Towing wit a 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi, smart 8 speed and .392 rear and an Equalizer WDH. So gar so good but havent loaded iur 1500lbs of motorcycles yet. Thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB02 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase! What issue are you having with the Murphy Bed? I know the bed is pretty short and the mattress definitely isn't plush. I'm 5'9" 155lbs and have been sleeping in tents and on terrible mattresses provided by the military. So far the bed is working for me, but a mattress upgrade would be nice. It already has a pretty good divot in the mattress where I sleep. I'm carrying a BMW F800GS, two bicycles and some other gear in my garage. I haven't weighed the tongue, but it pulls well. I use a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch and still get some occasional sway from the big rigs, but nothing scary. As far as the trailer I have had a few issues. My first refrigerator wouldn't get cold. The dealer couldn't diagnose what was going on so they replaced it with a new unit. Then I was on a trip and when I arrived at the campground the refrigerator panel was dead, no lights whatsoever. I poked around with the multimeter and found the thermistor had gone bad. I replaced it and it still wouldn't power up. I waited a week for a service appointment and the mechanic took about two minutes to get it running again. I'm still not sure why the thermistor failed, but the biggest issue was that nobody told me to "push and hold" the power button. I had turned the refrigerator on and off multiple times before without issue, but for some reason holding the power button for a couple seconds makes all the difference. I'm not sure if you've tried to hang your bunk beds on the wall yet, but the brackets that hold the sleeping platforms were spaced too far apart on mine for the locking pins to engage. A minor fix but frustrating to have to put four more holes in the wall because it wasn't done correctly the first time. I also have a leak in my slide that only occurs when the slide is stowed. I just spent a week at a repair facility, but I didn't feel like they were any closer to resolving the issue so I left and asked my father for some assistance. We're pretty sure the water was getting passed the bulb seal and then running along the wiper seal into the RV. We ran some weather stripping along the length of the bulb seal and it seemed to have stopped all the water when we poured a bucket over it. I'm waiting for a good rain storm before we declare success, but so far so good. Hopefully your unit is trouble free. My advice is to use it as much as you can while near your dealership. Getting service done while on the road is a huge pain right now. You can hardly get anyone to look at your RV within a month because they are so busy. I was pretty disappointed in the assistance I received from the Grand Design Customer Service folks as well when I explained to them that I had water streaming into my unit. Outside of telling me what tools are available on their website they didn't help at all. I was left to call multiple locations to see if anyone could look at it within a month. I found one place and as I previously mentioned they weren't making much progress identifying the cause partly due to how busy they were. Even with all these issues I'm still loving the opportunity to travel with all my toys and enjoy every recreational activity each location offers. Happy Trails!
    Just wandering what weight capacity the WD hitch is? I am looking into this model as it hits most of our must haves. The sales person says that a 10,000/1,000 WD hitch is fine. With a TW in the 800 range empty I would think I'd need a 12,000/1200 minimum.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer sold me and installed an equalizer2. After i took home trailer i looked up what they gave me. Apparently they sold me their beat $800 16,000 model. Probably overkill but i knew no better. Works great thou. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast