User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our Imagine XLS 24 MPR in January. This is our first RV. Put on a ProPride3 hitch and drove from Colorado to Florida on our maiden voyage. Zero problems on the whole trip. Absolutely love it. We will be at the Colorado GD Rally in August. Looking forward to meeting other new and experienced RVers.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, congrats on your success! I now have about 12k miles on my trailer. I traveled from Florida to Washington state in 2020 and just made the trip from Florida to Minnesota for 2021. I still love the floorplan and the lifestyle it provides…comfortable camping with all my toys! Here are a few thoughts:
    - Stock Westlake ST235/75R15 tires are holding up well. I’ve just kept them aired up to 65psi.
    - Be careful pulling the TV out from the stowed position. It’s best if you can reach behind and pull it out by the swing arm. I pulled mine out by grabbing the sides of the television and wasn’t standing directly in front of the TV. Well, the top two tabs that hold that little plastic box with all the connections on the back of the TV snapped. Now that I’ve seen that it’s really just 4 small metal tabs that keep your monitor attached to that plastic box and ultimately attached to the mounting bracket I stow my TV on the bed when I’m traveling.
    - I had my trailer stowed for about 4 months and then took a trip. Water started leaking out from the cabinet under the kitchen sink after rinsing some dishes. The problem was in that white plastic box under the sink. There is a plastic screen that wraps around the bilge pump inside that box, to keep large debris from clogging the pump I assume. Even though I haven’t done anything unusual other than wash my hands and slightly dirty dishes, a layer of “slime” or “gunk” had coated that screen allowing the water inside the plastic tank to back up until it flowed from the little hole that sits at the top front of the tank. It then pours onto the floor inside the cabinet. Pretty simple fix to pop the lid off the top of the tank, remove the screen and give it a good rinse. Worked fine after that. I still need to get the inside of the tank cleaned up a little better as well, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. It’s definitely an area that can get a little nasty.
    - Keep an eye on your plastic fenders if you often travel at highway speeds. The problem probably starts when they over torque the screws at the factory, but many of the attachment points on mine were already cracking, stripped out, or screws missing about halfway across the country. I had to remove the forward fender on the driver’s side because it was fluttering so bad. I think the problem is they use a straight piece of metal to brace that one. As it flexes back and forth in the breeze it’s subjected to a shearing force that eventually just snaps it in two. Luckily, I noticed this after it happened and just removed the entire fender before it became a road hazard. A new one was put on under warranty in the exact same manner, so we’ll see how long this one holds up?
    - I traveled through Iowa with some strong crosswinds of probably 30 mph. The stairs to the front door fell down from the first detent twice at which point I put a strap on them to keep them stowed. Luckily I caught this before I passed through that narrow bridge construction
    - I highly recommend carrying a 50 to 30 and 15 to 30-amp adapter plug if you don’t have them. I never thought I would be plugged into 15-amp power, but I’ve used both adapters now. Happy to learn that 15 amps can power the microwave and refrigerator at the same time!

If anyone has upgraded their mattress, please let me know what you used and whether you had any issues with it fitting while stowed? I’m about to reach the breaking point after putting up with the canyon that has developed in my stock mattress.

Happy Travels
    Johnny B

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123