Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoe bin for shoe area on Imagine xls mle

Does anyone know of a decent looking storage bin that fits in the shoe area under the dinette on a xls mle? Would like to keep shoes in a bin or basket that fits that spot. Dimensions are 22.5” x 17” x 11”. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put indoor/outdoor carpet on the rough plywood under the mattress, added another piece in the bottom of the bed storage, and with the left over a I cut a size to slide in the shoe cubby.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but that isnt what i was asking for. I want to know where i can get a box that will fit in the shoe bin area to hold the shoes and I can pull out when i want the shoes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I saw that on Amazon too but too tall and need a little wider. I probably will make one out of wood. Thanks again!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a timely thread! I was just thinking about doing this. I have the XLS 18rbe.

I'm looking on the Container Store site and a few of these would fit: https://www.containerstore.com/s/cle...shoe%20storage

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. But im looking for one container that fits the space that can be pulled out of the shoe area to get whatever shoe i want. Individual shoe boxes is too much of a pain IMO.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that. I was going to post some other baskets/bins from Container Store that are single, but then got distracted. You might find what you're looking for on their site.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, didnt find anything that works for me

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shoe cubby is rather long and narrow and located next to the door and below the TV cabinet in my Imagine 2600RB so this idea may or may not work for your particular situation. I haven't done it yet but my "plan" is to build a shallow drawer (like the ones inside of a kitchen cabinet) and use a nice set of slides that will allow me to pull the shoe shelf out as needed to access the shoes. I did something similar under the basement (house) steps and it has worked wonderfully. I set those slides at a slight angle so the drawers have a natural tendency to slide closed. I haven't measured the height of the shoe cubby yet to see how much, if any, angle I can go with. I just need a way to access the shoes that are furthest back in the cubby without having to get in the prone position to retrieve a pair of sandals - lol.
    I hope this helps. Either way, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.
    Best of luck.
    TJ
    If some is good, then more is better, and too much is just right! ~ Shayf
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2002 Suburban 1500 4x4
    2004 Silverado 2500HD 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast