User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Gallup is nearby the Navajo Nation If I'm not mistaken. I was doing a lot of looking and plotting, planning on being out there about now until things flared up.
    Yes and the Navajo Nation has been hit hard by the virus. Gallaup was locked down a few weeks ago. I think they still have weekend curfews on tribal lands.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22D6BL
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind sharing their policies, It would help get a general feel for where things stand. In places like those it could be they expect persons are timid to commit. Or anticipation of a sudden demand will encourage them to enforce or strengthen current policy.
    Great Idea Ace! Here you go.

Grizzly RV Park's cancellation policy can be found at this link. Scroll to bottom of page and click on 'Cancellation Policy': https://bookings7.rmscloud.com/obook.../10961/90/?Y=1

Rafter J Bar Ranch cancellation policy on our reservation confirmation reads as follows:

Cancellation Policy for All Campsites, Traditional Cabins and
    Comfort Cabins: A two night deposit is required to hold all
    reservations. First night's deposit is non-refundable.
    Cancellations or changes made 72 hours to 30 days prior to the
    arrival date will forfeit the second night's deposit.
    Cancellations or changes made less than 72 hours prior to the
    arrival date will forfeit the entire stay. Guests are obligated
    to pay for all nights reserved.

Cancellation Policy for Ranch Cabins: In addition to the Cabin
    Cancellation policy, all Ranch Cabins must be paid for in full
    by March 15th. These Payments are non-refundable.

Hope this information is helpful to others. Be safe and Enjoy!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallup is nearby the Navajo Nation If I'm not mistaken. I was doing a lot of looking and plotting, planning on being out there about now until things flared up.
    Gallup is surrounded by the Navajo Nation and is a major trading/shopping/stock up spot for the Navajo people. For the time being, I'd recommend planning to just drive through Gallup on the freeway at this point. Gallup is still a hotspot for COVID19 but the Navajo Nation is doing a lot of testing- the more you look, the more you find. In my opinion, Gallup is a mess on a good day. The roads are designed for 20k people and sometimes there's 100k there. The Gov. did close Gallup completely for a week or so.

Like previously posted, some state parks are open for day use only, some are not. Still a decent amount of traffic on I-40/ I-25, folks are still traveling. Noticing more RV's than usual. Albuquerque seems like business as usual, with the exception of most folks wearing masks. The RV parks by me seem to be operating at close to 100% capacity but still a decent amount of space between you and your neighbor and, in my opinion anyway, still safer than a hotel.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all - thanks for the feedback, keep it coming there are a lot of us that are very interested....

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to Moab, Utah this weekend. We stayed at a private RV park, they were open at 50% capacity and the oldest resrvations got priority. The park felt just right at 50% it must be very crowded when they are full. Before leaving we tried to get to get confirmation of our reservation via phone but no one would answer or return our phone calls. We found an e-mail adress for the manager and he responded to the e-mail with in 20 minutes. I guess his office was closed and he was not checking his voicemail. Once in Moab I noticed most of the locals and staff were taking COVID seriously and taking procautions to prevent its spread. Almost none of the visitors were, my family were about the only ones with face coverings on any of the trails,stores, gas stations or over-looks.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to Twin Falls, ID this weekend. We stayed at Twin Falls 93 RV Park, they have nothing to do there, but it's a great location for seeing the area. Sites are all pull through, recently expanded and very well maintained (looked much better than the old google earth view). Checkin was self reservation, either grab your envelope off the door from a reservation you made or pick an available spot and drop some paperwork through the mail slot on door. Park was fully open.

We went to Shoshone Falls Park, tallest waterfall in America, 45ft taller than Niagra Falls. The park was open, but limited people on the observation deck.

We also went to Perrine Bridge viewing area which was also fully open. It's a 500ft tall bridge and we got to see about a dozen people jump off the bridge (base jumpers with parachutes).

We also went to see the balanced rock in Buhl, ID. Wasnt too crowded there, but there were probably about a dozen vehicles there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent the weekend at the KOA in Cedar City Utah and it seemed to be business as usual. We checked in at the office and reasonable precautions were in place. The park was mostly full all weekend with a lot of weekenders in both RV's and tents, and all the cabins were occupied. There was also a lot of pass through's who just stayed overnight. We were there to see some close friends from central Utah, and the campground accommodated us by putting us next to each other in the pull-throughs, door to door. There was probably 30 feet between our camper and theirs. This was nice because the patio and fire ring was between us and we were able to sit around the fire, partake in adult beverages, and catch up. In town, we went to Wally World and the Smiths grocery store. A significant number of people were wearing masks, but not everyone. With that said, most everyone kept their distance from each other and were very polite about moving off to the side to let you pass and all... The rest of the time we toured around town on the Spyder and had no contact with others. We visited the Iron County Veterans Memorial (very well done BTW) and took the scenic drive up Route 14 to Navajo Lake (that was a butt freeze on the bike at 10,000 ft but was well worth it). At the camp ground, we used our own facilities and cooked all out meals. We did not visit any restaurants.

We're also in the planning stage of a 4th of July trip to probably the Kanab UT area with some close friends. We'll see how it goes, but in truth, reservations are hard to come by in that area for the 4th.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a full timer. Left the Colorado River at Parker, az. 4/8/20. Went to Pahrump, Nv. A lt cooler. Left Pahrump 5/11/20, currently in Carson City, NV. No problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go! We hit the road on Tuesday. My only advice would be to call each campground you plan to stop at and have that discussion. Otherwise you should be able to get wherever you’re going. I haven’t had a problem in CA, NV, UT or AZ! Good luck & happy trails! -Diego

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveling from Virginia to Clanton AL. Staying at a County campground. Manager did not want money, said just call if we cannot make it. Called them today while enroute and they have our site ready for tonight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast