User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Las Vegas, NV. I am selling my LV home to move closer to my family (Coeur d'Alene, ID) & spend summer at my vacation home near Orogrande, ID.

I'll drive my Pickup & 5th wheel North on I-15, then West on I-90 to Coeur d'Alene, ID. It's 1,200 miles, so I'll spend a few nights on the road.

I called the NV, UT, MT, and ID State Patrol about travel restrictions. All replied "we have no travel restrictions" and "you shouldn't have any problems". I will just stop for fuel, and eat & sleep in the 5'er.

FYI, I do see quite a few RV's on the roads here in Southern NV.

I haven't made reservations at RV spots yet, so I can't help with that part of your question. The places I have talked with say they are fairly busy, but can usually make room for short stays (3 days or less).

BTW, I sure enjoy this Forum. Lots of great info here, many thanks to all those who contribute!
    Dan and "Big Red". Amateur Radio W7TNU.
    2020 Chevy 3500HD High Country SRW, 6.6L DMX, 10 Speed Allison, 3:42, Cajun Red.
    2017 Momentum 328M, 380w Solar, 14ply's, GM TPMS, Demco Hijacker Autoslide.
    7 ATV's, 2 Dirt Bikes, 3 Snowcats, 1938 Cat D2 Dozer, John Deere Tractor, too many toys...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped in Forsyth GA at a KOA for the night last night. The playground is all taped off and there is a limit on people in the pool which has no tables or chairs...they removed the touch points and a note that ask you not to co mingle with others not in your party. Other than that all was normal. Headed to SC today
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full timers. We have not stopped traveling. Haven't had any problems with our reservations. We just take precautions to stay safe.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't come to New England... many campgrounds are not allowing any out of state campers
    Marcy and Marybeth
    Milo and Bean (rescue pups)
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by undermills View Post
    Don't come to New England... many campgrounds are not allowing any out of state campers
    New Hampshire has been tough so far. For a year now I've had a reservation at Fisherman's Memorial in Narragansett RI. Two weeks ago I got a notice that the campground would begin honoring reservations again June15. I lost a day on my reservation...oh well. I was hoping to get to Mt Washington and ride the cog rail up the mountain but it's looking like no dice.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from a last minute weekend trip to a private campground in PA. This is our regular weekend spot and we're pretty friendly, so they knew who we were when DW called. It was pretty normal for us since we don't use the public areas or activities (they were all closed.)

As we were packing up today, the owner came by for a chat and told us how it has been for him this spring. He was constantly going back and forth trying to open, but the state kept changing their mind. He's trying to comply, but it's just as hard for the campgrounds to figure this out as is for us. When he was finally able to open (two weekends ago), he had one of his seasonal tenants posting untruths on social media so he had to answer to the regulators about that too.

The point of this long story is that these are very strange times and things are still changing daily. It worked out great for us this weekend, but I don't think I would travel 1000 miles on a promise quite yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corp of Engineer (COE) parks in Arkansas are open. We spent 6 out of the last 10 nights in 2 different campgrounds. Verbal check in. You pull up, give your name and site number, they verify, and off you go. Shower/Bathhouse are open. Boat ramps open
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I decided to head on out yesterday......my first stop was Lazy Days Tampa....the place was packed and everyone was "friendly" if you get my drift.....wanted to talk a lot like we use to??
    Up in the panhandle of Florida talked with a few folks and it was their opinion "we really don't have it up here so we kind of just don't think about it..."

I'm just happy to be on the road even though for us it really isn't going to be the way it use to be, not quite yet....paranoid, maybe.....I just like to think "we're being careful"...

On down the road......
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, we checked in to the Sequoia RV Ranch, just outside the Sequoia National Park. Sequoia NP opens back up this Thursday for visitors, but tours and some shops are supposed to be closed. Campground is business as usual. On the way in, we drove past Lake Kaweah (a recreation area) and it was packed! Happy to be out again!!! BTW: In a few weeks we are going to Rocky Mountain National Park and it's open, but you need to go online and reserve a gate access spot on "recreation.gov" website if you plan to visit the park.

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    Okay I got to ask.....

Are folks starting to hit the road and go across state lines yet? I hear stories about the campgrounds taking your money on the phone and the offices are closed etc. etc..... but no problem getting reservations and places are starting to fill up.

Feedback from anyone now traveling is appreciated.....really contemplating headed to Colorado from Florida in a few days.....

Mark
    We cancelled two New Mexico State Park reservations just after the pandemic was announced. Bats in Carlsbad Caverns no longer held our interest. It two months to get our refund.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast