User Tag List

Thread: Morryde upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde upgrade

Hi all. We've been GD owners since early 2018 and lurking on the forum since then but this is our first post. We were thinking about moving up from our 303RLS but just too upside down right now to make the numbers work so have decided to make some modifications to make our coach the best possible for our usage.
    First up is suspension mods. We already switched to Goodyear Endurance tires and I have 2 questions about the suspension itself:
    1) Looking at the various products from Morryde, would the series 4000 be overkill for our 303 or should we stick with the 3000?
    2) Would the Morryde crossbeam on all 3 suspension mounts be as good as welded reinforcements that some members have had done. I don't trust my welding skills on such a high stress application so bolt-on is preferable.
    It goes without saying that I will be replacing the shackles and bolts with whatever route I take. Looking forward to your input.
    Rob, Carol & "The Hounds"
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7 CC DRW
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at the very same upgrades for my 2019 28BH. Thanks for the post.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Morryde 3000 equalizer and wet bolts when I switched to Kodiak disc brakes. Morryde 3000 is plenty good for the 303RLS. Also switched to Goodyear Endurance tires.
    Money all well spent.
    Next up is welded spring brackets.
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added the CRE3000 after talking with the friendly folks at Morryde. They made sure we bought exactly what we needed and nothing more. Even talked me out of the X brace for our weight and length of trailer. How's that for honesty?
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an early 303 and are very content with the rug and the layout. We have Lippert axles and their equalizers with wet bolts. We put on Disc Brakes, Goodyear Endurance tires, and a Morryde pin box. The unsung couple of things we are happy with have been changing out all of our water pipes with Pex, adding a 2nd AC, installing a soft start on 1 AC. We don’t have a raised frame (no welding needed for hangers) and we don’t have auto leveling (darn). But it’s paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)