User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

On a side note, I had to find a mask with an exhalation valve. My lung volume is such that I can't use anything else. I had really bad allergies in one area of Europe years ago, and I went to a Dr. for some tests. He did a lung capacity test to see if I was developing asthma. I pegged his meter. He had me do it again. Same thing. He said he had only seen one other person do that, it was a guy in his med school that was an athlete. I had no idea until then, and subsequent testing the US confirmed it.
    Exhalation valves are typically on N95 tight fitting masks, they protect the wearer from breathing in foreign particles, germs, virus, dust etc. I agree with you, I wear an N95 with valve for woodworking. For COVID, you might try a standard dual layer surgical style mask. Easy to breathe thru and provides some protection for those around you. I’ve noticed that the journalists and reporters all wore valve equipped masks in the early days of the pandemic. Now they all have non-valves masks. Difficult times for sure.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing a non-N95 or better face mask provides little to no protection for the wearer. We as a society have tacitly agreed to wear masks as protection for others. Wearing an N95 mask with an exhalation valve is very similar to wearing a mask with a hole in it.

My use of a mask has been relegated to a courtesy. If the people around me are wearing masks I will do so as well as a courtesy to them. If not, maybe not for me as well. Life goes on and will continue to long after this flu is gone.
    Last edited by D2Reid; 06-02-2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Borderline foul language and political bashing removed. PM sent.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A key point was, once the customer was identified/identifiable after entering then they could put their mask back on. Nothing stopping her or her desk clerk from wearing one, although she kinda gives the vibe that she isn't gonna. After demonstrations here in Louisville this week, many were followed by breaking store fronts and looting by mask wearing scumbags. it kinda drives home her point.
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. it is almost like she was a prophet of what was to come in our country shortly after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12